SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ZaraDatta
Style_council
ZaraDatta

Hi All,
I got two gorgeous black silk tops (both from Karen Millen, one short sleeved, embroidered around the neckline in various colours and quite sheer with a camisole underneath, and the other satiny and sleeveless) that I don’t want to wear with skirts (I don’t think I look nice in them). Could anyone suggest what colour trousers would be appropriate? I know jeans are a possibility but sometimes an occasion demands something a little more formal. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Zara

posted over 4 years ago
ZaraDatta
Style_council
ZaraDatta

That’s it – accessorize! Great idea, thanks so much! :-)

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

If black and black isn;t your thing then you could try beige or stone coloured trousers, most of the times I’ve seen that colour combination it looks pretty good.

posted over 4 years ago

ZaraDatta
Style_council
ZaraDatta

I’ve done that combination, but I’ve only got dark beige Gap trousers and they don’t look very formal. I’ll need to get hold of a more sassy pair, but you’re right, that combi does look great.

posted over 4 years ago

hopelesslydevoted
Style_council
hopelesslyde...

This may sound a little strange but I remember I saw Audrina patridge where a pair of pale yellow skinnies with a black top and it looked great! It was a nice change from the overplayed bright skinnies people where.

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Go for skinny tuxedo trousers in black, gray, or a bright….it keeps it dressy without looking drab. Since those trousers tend to have a sheen, it adds some formality to it without looking too casual.

like this

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION