Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Cookie
Style_council
Cookie

So I think that bangles are classic. I do. I have worn them consistently since I was a teen. I was actually a little disturbed when I started seeing EVERYONE wearing them….sort of an “oh shit guess I have to put these away for a while” moment. The other day I saw how far people have gone. A girl had close to 10 oversize bangles on one arm (it wasnt cute…just costumey), yes rhinestones were involved, and to boot a very cheap looking shirt. As a teacher, my gauge of when something has gone crazy far is when my students wear it and overdo it. sigh

posted about 6 years ago
lulu
Style_council
lulu

I definitely think there is a limit. Sometimes I leave my bangles at home.

posted about 6 years ago

Moonheart
Style_council
Moonheart

I love bangles, but I prefer the thin metal type rather than the large plastic kind. I feel that you can wear many more of these and still look good.
Even though they look great, they’re annoying to wear. They jingle and threaten to fall off my wrist all of the time. As a result, I stick to a few at a time.

posted about 6 years ago

DeCeal
Style_council
DeCeal

I think bangles are nice and can add something great to an outfit but the recent trend of plastic bangles and seeing everyone with them was a turnoff. And 10?! on one arm?! Limit yes, especially with those huge plastic ones.

posted about 6 years ago

tianaB
Style_council
tianaB

I wish I could wear bangles but my wrist is too thin.
At my school last year, that was a major trend. Like you saw, girls had plastic bangles all up their arm all the time.
So, when I’d go to the bathroom, all I’d hear in the stalls was the jingles and clicking of the bangles! It was like it was louder than the toilettes flushing!
Sorry if that was too much information for you. :D

posted about 6 years ago

natalie66
Style_council
natalie66

I totally agree. I don’t like too much jewelry at all, witch means, when I wear bangles, I don’t wear rings and when I wear a necklace, I don’t wear earrings. so I think there IS a limit with with bangles, especially when they’re big.

posted about 6 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I have numerous bangles in a thin metal, and I wear them. A lot. Rarely when I decide to wear a thicker one, I choose a wooden matterial because plastic just looks costumey. But then I’ll wear it with the metal ones too.

posted over 4 years ago

ThePastriesKin
Style_council
ThePastriesKin

There’s this girl at my school that wears 4-6 of those thick pastic bangles on her arm everyday. They go up to her elbow! She most have fifty of them because she always matches them to her outift. Say she has a white shirt with purple and yellow designs, and black sneakers with a lime green detail; she’d wear white, purple, yellow, black and lime green bangles.

posted over 4 years ago

railophone
Style_council
railophone

^ I don’t like things that are too matchy-matchy. I’d prefer a bold difference, in that case.

As much as I like those metal bangles, I find that my wrists are too small, and they always slip off.

posted over 4 years ago

Yanie
Style_council
Yanie

i wear a maximum of 3 bangles if they’re big, but if they’re thin one’s i pile on a lot. just don’t let your bangles cover your arm >_<

posted over 4 years ago

owenlove
Style_council
owenlove

Bangles always look good. My girl use to wear it all the times and she looks pretty with those actually i gifted her one Diamond bangle ordered from DiamondExotica.Com
http://www.diamondexotica.com/de-jewelry/bangles.aspx

posted over 4 years ago

SarahJaneR
Style_council
SarahJaneR

i base the amount of bangles I wear on the kind of outfit I’m wearing and the look I’m going for. Recently I wore colorful bangles, but did two on each wrist, each one a different color, because i was going for a colorful rave/hip hop look. Most days I wear a set of thin bangles on one wrist, to cover up a scar I have.

posted over 4 years ago

silvergrandeur
Style_council
silvergrandeur

I love bangles cos i feel they add ‘something’ to a very simple outfit. But it’s hard for me to find one that fits me cos they always slip off my wrist.

posted over 4 years ago

melissag
Style_council
melissag

I wish i could wear bangles but they either fall off or are awkward for me im not a bangle person. But i love them :( they can pull together an outfit

posted over 4 years ago

majelheart
Style_council
majelheart

i can’t stand the huge plastic ones, but thin metal ones are a must!

posted over 4 years ago

Vintagebeauty
Style_council
Vintagebeauty

nastyyy and annoying…

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 97972 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 97972 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

definitely a limit!

posted over 4 years ago

JocelynneA
Style_council
JocelynneA

I love the thin metal bangles, and I think the chunky ones are okay. Just as long as it isn’t overdone. Not to mention that annoying sound they make. Personally, I don’t even wear bangles, or much bracelets at all. I think I’ve owned 3 bangles in my whole life haha.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION