Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sweetfreedom85
Style_council
sweetfreedom85

Im 4’11 and honestly, sometimes i hate it.. I have small feet and its hard for me tofind shoes that fit. I never go into Aldo because i know the smallest size they usually carry is a 5 1/2… If im lucky sometmes i can fit in a 5, well depends how the shoes are made. It just sucks. Let alone sometimes even clothes. Like, i want one of those Maxi dresses but i cant wear one cuz it will swallow me..lol. Does anyone else ave this problem.. or know anyione that does?….lol

posted about 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’m lucky that I don’t have the shoe issue cause I have big feet for my size, but I can relate with the clothes (I’m 5’0). Like luvjess said, the kids section is your best bet. I don’t know much about american stores, but if they’re anything like UK ones, you should be able to find a decent kids/teens section in one of the womens clothing stores. and H&M sometimes has a good selection for teens on all sorts of clothing.
Another good idea is that if you do online shopping check out sites like asos.com, missselfridge.com and topshop.com for their petitie sections (though asos has a lot more variety for petites than topshop). Generally petite ranges are made for people 5’3 and under, so you’d probably have to a little bit of hemming but it is the kind of thing you could get away with doing yourself rather than having to take the clothes to a tailor.

posted about 5 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I wear 5-5.5. I’m a bit used to shopping in children’s departments because of my size, but children’s shoes are usually just flats. So I have resorted to Payless shoes since they carry small styles.

posted about 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I wish I had this problem! I’m 5’3" but my feet are an 8.5/9

posted about 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I have small feet(size 6, 6.5) but they are wide!!! I can never find sexy shoes that fit. A lot of my shoes are flats and I have to do a lot of searching. But thankfully, most stores have some options.
I typically have to hem my pants/ jeans (5’1"). Skirts and tops are not a big problem, the petites section is so hard. Most of it’s for little old ladies, so I stick with stores like Express and Forever 21.

posted about 5 years ago

reagansimone
Style_council
reagansimone

Woah! I feel like I have huge feet talking you you guys haha (5’3; 7 shoe)

I have problem in pants. Hips are too wide for petite but legs aren’t long enough for regular haha. I have a great grandmother that loves sewing . Try tailoring the dress

posted about 5 years ago

strawberrt
Style_council
strawberrt

I’m 4’11 too! Finding shoes are a struggle, especially since my toes aren’t diagonally aligned. Which means its even harder to find heels that don’t have my pinky toe bursting out of the shoe. I find that the kid section is the best for finding flats. They have sole padding. Comfy!

posted about 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

I’m 5’5" and wear a size 5.5-7 depending on the shoe. Normally, my shoe size is a 6. I hate that small sized shoes tend to be on the narrow side also, so I usually go up with 6.5. =\

posted about 5 years ago

zooeypo
Style_council
zooeypo

I’m 5’3 and have size 4.5 feet!!! I feel you girl! Ive found a few super cute pairs from vintage stores because I guess a while ago they made more smaller size shoes. Also this is a good way to find cute heels!
Also Minnetonka has smaller sizes on their website if youre into the whole moccasin thing.
Occasional Urban Outfitters shoes size 5 will fit me, and then obviously I buy childrens shoes a lot when I want a more basic shoe (keds, converse, black flats, etc) and theyre much cheaper that way! I found a pair of hunter rainboots at the beginning of the summer for $15.00 because they were childrens!

I totally feel your frustration, but just embrace what you have, cause hey, who else gets to wear a pair of spiderman light up sneakers?!?! (yes I do own these)

posted about 5 years ago

lovestrucklucy
Style_council
lovestrucklucy

one of my friend Chelsea has the problem, she is 5’0 and wears a size 4 in kids !

posted over 2 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I’m a size 7. I really don’t like it because it’s so common and it’s always the first size to go out of stock :/

posted over 2 years ago

SkinniMini
Style_council
SkinniMini

I, myself, dont have that problem, but when I used to work in Nine West, ladies used to come in asking for 5’s and 5 1/2’s, which was scarce! I felt bad b/c u could see the look of disappointment on their faces ..but atleast you’re not an 11 like some of the other women that used to come in there lols!

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I am also 4’11 but am lucky that I can wear a 5-6. I think my feet grew or something because I could barely fit into 5s before. Even so finding a 5 in platforms (I don’t do heels) is VERY hard! I know how you feel and it does suck!

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

You know what’s funny, I do a lot of thrift shopping and always find amazing shoes that are size 5! Like I found a pair of Jil Sander flats, size 5 or 6, and bought them just cuz i loved them! I don’t know where you live, so you may not have one, Nordstrom has a great shoe department and they carry small sizes. They’re also having their shoes clearance sale right now! If you don’t have one in your area, you should def check out their website!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION