Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

so today at my local thrift store, i ran into some mens jeans that were acid wash. they fit. and they were acid. two of my favorite things. however they looked akward on. so i didnt buy them but they will be there for a while so after i get some feedback i can make a decision.

i just was wondering what you guys generally think about combining two trends into one and whether i should take the dive in buying these acid wash bf jeans?

posted over 5 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I would think that the boyfriend fit would not be so flattering in any sort of acid wash because the washing would disrupt the nice relaxed line of the pant, which (aside from comfort) is really the appeal. I’ve seen light stonedwashed blue jeans in a sort of boyfriend/looser fit for ladies that seems to work much better.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

^^ agreed, i have a pair of light blue boyfriend fit jeans and they’ve got that relaxed cut that i love so.

Something about the fit of the jean and the busy-ness of the acid wash together would be too much.

posted over 5 years ago

alicenclarkex
Style_council
alicenclarkex

NEVER EVER PROCASTINATE
BUY BUY BUY

posted over 5 years ago

ghostmouth
Style_council
ghostmouth

buy them, when will you ever find something liek that, that you just so happen to like, you never know, one day youll find some great outfit from them.

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I have to say that I tend to disagree with the above idea. The initial visceral reaction to a garment never sells me on it. I try to at least look at it and make sure that what I’m buying can reasonable turn into what I’m wearing. I can’t justify buying something on a gut instinct without knowing that it’s going to get some mileage.

posted over 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I havae to wait a bit and if I still can’t get it out of my head a week or so later, then I go back and get it. Otherwise, I just end up hating it if it isn’t just right!

posted over 5 years ago

heavypetalpusher
Style_council
heavypetalpu...

Get em. Take millions of pictures then hate yourself later in life for wearing acid wash. :)

ps i’m actually liking a bit of acid wash lately.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION