Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
gallant_q
Style_council
gallant_q

example: long tank top of shirt, girls pull them down adn wear either jacket or another shirt on top of ti pulling off the layered look. Too many and jsut stop.I can’t believe women wear this look even in work!

posted about 6 years ago
tearing_at_the_seams
Style_council
tearing_at_t...

the layered look is a good casual look when its done right
but it shouldnt be worn to work

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I like the layered look when it’s done right. But I do agree, it’s a bit too casual to be worn to work.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

WHO wears that to work ???

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

But overly embroidered jeans and shirts aren’t very work-appropriate either, are they?

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

I think the layered look is ok for an office type work if its like one layer.
for example
a shirt and jacket layer with a tank poking out the top.
How extreme of layers are you talking about?

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

^^ i read the original post as meaning more than one or two layers… which in my opinion would be too casual for work.

posted over 5 years ago

MountainsofStyle
Style_council
MountainsofS...

i like layering, but not just with tanks or light shirts. it works best when you use contrasting textures and fabrics, such as leather or suede over a wool or lightweight piece. scarves, jewelry, vest, blazers, etc, all make layering more interesting.

http:www.mountainsofstyle.blogspot.com

posted over 5 years ago

puuki
Style_council
puuki

People can wear that stuff to work. It just depends on what kind of work environment you’re in. My workplace is fairly liberal in what people wear as long as you’re covered up in the right places. A co-worker of mine wears Sweet Lolita occasionally.

posted over 5 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

I like the layering.. I wear tank tops under almost everything cause it’s either sheer, lowcut, or makes it more comfortable. For instance: white tank under white peasant blouse + skirt?

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i think wearing a vest or blazer is okay but you shouldn’t layer too much at work. unprofessional.

posted over 4 years ago

sallym
Style_council
sallym

If it’s a tank top under a blouse that is under a jacket or blazer, then that is fine. But some people just over do it and pick the most atrocious color combos.

posted over 4 years ago

SanjaJUNGLE
Style_council
SanjaJUNGLE

I love layering, so I don’t see a problem.

posted over 4 years ago

Starhill
Style_council
Starhill

layering adds to the look I love it

posted over 4 years ago

lalalahoppx
Style_council
lalalahoppx

what’s wrong with layering? just don’t overdue it.

posted about 4 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

i say, Hooray for layering ;o)

posted about 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I love layering.

posted about 4 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I love layering and clothes companies try to encourage layering so you will wear more clothes. Layering is handy in transitional weather when it is cold in the morning but warms up in the afternoon. Love live layering!

posted over 1 year ago

Metric
Style_council
Metric

As long as you don’t overdo it with the layering, it shouldn’t be a problem?

posted about 1 year ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I totally disagree, I think the layered look is very casual chic when done right. I don’t usually layer just because I’m not very good at it haha

posted about 1 year ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I totally disagree, I think the layered look is very casual chic when done right. I don’t usually layer just because I’m not very good at it haha

posted about 1 year ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

My first comment has to do with the OP not being fluent in English, and it seems nobody here is either. To pull something off means to succeed. So the chicks that wear a layered outfit to work, managed to look good. More examples here: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1008045

On topic: It really depends on the work environment: you can’t wear a shirt over a tank top in a corporation, working as a CEO and so on, but you could if you’re a computer programmer or work as customer support over the phone. But i hardly see this as a layered look.
When I read the title I imagined a maxi or mullet skirt, with a long t-shirt over, with a shirt over, with a long knitted cardigan on top, complete with a belt and a heavy looking necklace. maybe a raincoat as well when being out…

posted about 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Sometimes a shirt is a little see-thru or it’s cold out. Not everyone lives in a tropical climate, so sometimes it’s necessary to layer.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION