Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Gelceebee
Style_council
Gelceebee

Say you have a group interview, how to make sure you stand out. Post your interview outfit:)

PS
this is serious, im freakin out I need help xD

posted over 2 years ago
Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

I’ve only ever had one group interview. I wore the standard black slacks and button-up, but the button-up was very unique. It had slightly puffed quarter-sleeves, and it was white with a black lace overlay on the bottom half. I buttoned it halfway and wore a black cami with lace trim underneath. It was professional, but also feminine and vaguely Victorian.

I did get the job. :) So I’d say wear something standard, but with a slight creative twist.

posted over 2 years ago

Gelceebee
Style_council
Gelceebee

Siesie: I agree with the slight creative twist. I’ll try to put something proper and elegant too which I think is my style. Thanks for the advice!

Cynchmolina: Thanks for the advice! That’s what my boyfriend told me too. I’m just too honest with interviews though specially with my schedule. Anyways.. I’ll practice how to market myself! :)

posted over 2 years ago

VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

I would definitely do something classic [basic black and white or dark bottom/light top] but with a twist just to make yourself stand out. Maybe an animal print bowtie or clutch or patterned tights. Good luck!!

posted over 2 years ago

Gelceebee
Style_council
Gelceebee

Ladies: Hey, I went with the basic and follow your advice. The other applicants actually stunned me with what they’re wearing, but I didn’t regret going for the laid basic style. I wanted to be natural as possible.

Cynchmolina: Thanks! I went there and felt that I bummed it out after, I got a call for a second interview though and was very glad. Styll waiting on results.. :) praying and crossing my fingers :)

posted over 2 years ago

ila23
Style_icon
ila23

Well I am uite good at colorblocking so I would probably wear something with a pop of color!
http://aportablepackage.blogspot.com/2012/01/winter-pastels.html
or maybe:
http://aportablepackage.blogspot.com/2012/01/winter-berries.html?utm_source=BP_recent

posted over 2 years ago

BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Instead of the usual black and white, I wore brown pants and a yellow blouse. I got the job, but it was more because I made an effort to be an enthusiastic individual than how i dressed.

Good luck in your second interview!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION