Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
slenderbutter
Style_council
slenderbutter

We, in the SF Bay Area (in California) have been going through a little flurry of cold these past few weeks. Needless to say, we’re not really used to cold weather.
We complain when it drops below 65 degrees F.

So, I just want to rave about the magical qualities of wearing SILK clothes during cold weather. SILK is just one of those amazing natural fabrics that should be the basic staple in anyone’s wardrobe, whether you live in cold, or hot weather.

SILK keeps you cooool in the Summers, and Warm in the Winter Frost. Try SILK underwear; trust me, it’s the best way to keep warm. Forget about excessive, bulky, thick layering. Silk won’t let you down. I love my purple, button-down silk blouse. It’s warm, light, and super soft on my skin. Silk! You just can’t go wrong! Cheers.

posted almost 5 years ago
Speedbump
Style_icon
Speedbump

I totally hear you about freezing Bay Area weather (I’m a Berkeley Gal myself).

But really? Silk keeps you warm? I’m found that when I wear silk, I end up freezing to death! It makes me sad because I love love love silk, but boy is it cold for me! Am I doing something wrong? Can you recommend a style that’ll keep me warm somehow?

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

love silk! if you want to keep warm while you sleep…silk “down” blankets are just the thing! like a comforter, the silk filled blankets are light, warm, and super cozy. Plus, it doesn’t pill or get bad with age.

i love silk in the summer because it keeps things cool, but silk in the winter…it’s a harder to pull off. i find it pretty chilly as well unless the blouse is really close to my body. if it’s really loose…there’s too much room for air to whip through the shirt that makes me super cold.

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Love silk and now that you mention it, yes it does do justice when insulating.

SalazarFanGurl
Style_council
SalazarFanGurl

I love silk dresses. I wear them all year around.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION