Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Nadyatrnv
Style_council
Nadyatrnv

Okay I know you guys have discussed this before, but I want to ask you, would you wear ripped tights/leggings if it’s ripped really bad? I ripped my leggings, and the cuttings were freaking messy, I looked like a homeless person, D: So is my tights. I hate the way it ripped, so I’m not wearing them. What would you do if you got into the same situation as I am? Kindly reply, I need your advice!

posted over 4 years ago
BlackSheep
Style_council
BlackSheep

I don’t really like ripped tights/leggings, but to not look like a homeless person I’d pair it with a classy dress and shoes.

posted over 4 years ago

BlackSheep
Style_council
BlackSheep

I don’t really like ripped tights/leggings, but to not look like a homeless person I’d pair it with a classy dress and shoes.

posted over 4 years ago

AnetteAas
Style_council
AnetteAas

Uhm, wear it with confidence? shorts and gladiators an maybe an oversized blouse and bed head hair with dark makeup would look good. walk tall and go with the flow.

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

Well if it’s intentional isn’t the point of it for them to be ripped up a lot? You’re not going to rip something up a lot unless you want to wear it that way. Also I can’t imagine diy ripped leggings ever looking good, the typical materials used for leggings aren’t the types that look good ripped unless it’s professionally laser cut.

Personally I wouldn’t feel confident, and I didn’t the one time I tried out ripped tights, so I would throw my tights out if they got a hole or ladder in, or cut them down into ankle or knee high socks depending on where the hole is.
Ripped jeans on the other hand I would wear because it’s a little bit more subtle than ripped tights.

posted over 4 years ago

raapunzel
Style_council
raapunzel

try layering the ripped ones on top of non ripped ones(of the same colour) for some interesting texture that is not as attention grabbing as the rip with skin showing through.

i think rodarte did ripped tights in the best way, they look more like spiderwebs on the leg (im sure this look is not for everyone though)

and if you can get your hands on a bcbg catalogue for spring2010 they have some images in there with the girls in ripped tights that have a pattern to them, which i think actually looks better than just plain opaque tights.

posted over 4 years ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

i like wearing it for a boho look or an alternative for a comfy look

posted almost 3 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I would consider wearing torn tights

posted over 2 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

don’t be afraid to get your money’s worth out of them, ripped or not. There are TONS of ways to style ripped tights (just look it up here in the chictopia community!). However, if they REALLY aren’t your style, then i’d suggest chucking them. Ripped tights are a fact of life though, sadly :/

posted over 2 years ago

VersatileMoTIF
Style_council
VersatileMoTIF

If youre comfy with it, go all out. Vagabond chic. Oversized shirt, the leggings, weathered boots, maybe a beanie or beret, oversized bag and nice glasses. I think youll look chic. Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago

IssaBelleBoutique
Style_council
IssaBelleBou...

The point is for you to like the way you dress and look, not others. If you feel like a homeless with it, this means you don’t like it. Wear whatever makes u feel wonderful in it, not what is in trend.

posted about 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Personally, I like distressed/ripped pants but not in the way that it’s overly ripped.

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

While we appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm to help, please note that the original post in this thread was written over two years ago. Please avoid bumping old/dead threads. If you’d like to continue discussing this topic, please start a new thread.

Thanks!!!

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION