Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Style_council

Back in December we gave you Sneak Peek of Rachel Comey’s Spring 2008 collection. It’s here! Rachel Comey manages understated cool but not for the sake of modesty. In fact, she wanted her Manhattan art school girl to be “playful and a little bit naughty” for spring, using subtle cues to suggest fantasy on the verge of becoming a racy reality. The nerdy glasses could come off at any moment and the hair tousled. You have to dig for the real story, and it’s at this depth that Comey’s mischievous librarian delivers the collection’s texture story. And, if you love the shoes, you’ll be happy to know we picked up seven styles for spring!

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK
We made the trip to The Parlor at Salmagundi Art Club on 5th Avenue to see Rachel Comey’s Fall/Winter 2008 collection. We saw easy to wear dresses, quilting, knits, ankle socks, boxy shirts, and a little fur (cruelty free alpaca) in a color story consisting of quirky vintage inspired floral prints, cobalt blue, pale purple, shades of grey, and orange. According to Rachel Comey, the inspiration came from “seances, Houdini, illusions, debunking spiritualists and early American settlers.” The overall vibe is an extension of the librarian chic we love for spring.

posted about 6 years ago
saveallen
Style_council
saveallen

Love this post – I was intrigued when I saw ‘Librarian Chic’. I’ve worked in many libraries and have a library degree, so I wondered how fashion would correlate to this profession. The style looks great—I wonder if the same style is being created for men? (i.e. return of cardigans? leather elbow patches?)

posted about 6 years ago

HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

allen, cardigans are definitely in for men!

posted about 6 years ago

Style_council

Definitely! Cardigans on men look great!

+

posted about 6 years ago

amalia_r
Style_council
amalia_r

great!

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION