SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  legginstunic dress
MonteAmelia
Style_council
MonteAmelia

I’m sorry but this is bothering me so much. I don’t mind a tunic with leggings or a long tshirt say from American Apparel but when they look like complete pants it just grosses me out.

posted almost 7 years ago
1 2 3 4 6
maliciousmallory
Style_council
maliciousmal...

OMG I SO AGREE.
It is disgusting!
You NEED pants! Or a skirt! or a Dress! or even if it’s a shorter tunic, as long as you’re COVERED.

posted over 5 years ago

fatimzahra
Style_council
fatimzahra

i totally agree it doesn’t look chic at all

posted about 5 years ago

bubblehoop
Style_council
bubblehoop

Leggings as pants, when you wear a big oversized tee or jumper…

posted about 5 years ago

mon_petitchou
Style_council
mon_petitchou

as long as vital areas are covered it usually doesn’t look bad.

posted about 5 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I’ve wore them as reg pants before! I was a lot thinner though! I wouldn’t do it now!! Unless it was lk a long shirt! I think it just depends on how the person wears it, and they’re size! I don’t think bigger girls look good wearing them with lk a reg fitted shirt!

posted about 5 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’m a pretty strong “no” for leggings as pants. Leggings are great with a short skirt, dress, or long-tunic-turned-dress you would otherwise be uncomfortable wearing with bare legs, but showing the curve of your butt or the crotch seam? Even if you take care not to show pantyline or cameltoe there’s just too few people who can pull it off— and even when someone can I’m more “Eh, okay, I guess I’ll let you off the hook” than “WOW, that’s HOT!” when I see it.

My boyfriend and his friends actually have a game where they refer to girls (or I guess anyone?) who wear leggings as pants as “winners,” and call each other up to give the winner tally if they’re out somewhere and see a lot of girls with this look. Once when I was out with him we saw a 60-year-old woman wearing leggings as pants, and, beautifully, right behind her was a sign reading “I WIN!” We were so pissed we didn’t have a camera.

posted about 5 years ago

militantcupcake
Style_council
militantcupcake

Leggings just aren’t pants. period.

posted almost 5 years ago

invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

Leggings are ONLY acceptable if you’re wearing something on top that covers BOTH of your ass cheeks AND comes PAST the crotch!

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

a couple of years ago when I was still in highschool all of the girls walked around in just leggings, flipflops, and a Hollister hoodie. I wanted to vomit every time I saw them jiggle, even the really thin ones. It’s just a very unflattering thing to use leggings as pants

but then again, I’m tights biased anyway

BlackSheep
Style_council
BlackSheep

hell no! I would never wear them.

PrincessFero
Style_council
PrincessFero

Ughh i know what you mean… most of the girls here LOVE wearing them as pants. yuck

New_user 106649 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 106649 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I think an acceptable rule to judge by is this: if you wouldn’t wear sheer tights that way, don’t wear leggings that way.

cyan
Style_council
cyan

I don’t mind wearing leggings as pants. There are things called “jean leggings” that have been in Asia for a while. :)

TigerLilyMemoirs
Style_council
TigerLilyMem...

Yeah that’s a bad idea.

heck
Style_council
heck

I saw this girl wearing leopard print leggings with a tshirt yesterday. I wanted to scream at her, instead I just walked by with a disgusted look

squid_luv4u2
Style_council
squid_luv4u2

omg just no no no no no no no
it’s on my number one list of what not to do.

manea
Style_council
manea

With a long, tunic top, it’s okay, but over the weekend I saw a girl with gray leggings, ugg boots and a metallic puffy jacket and it was one of the most disturbing things I’ve seen. Please, just don’t. Very few people can pull it off.

caralasefashion
Style_council
caralasefashion

Tunic dresses look cool on Leggins or one can wear without any bottoms if its has quite good length.

posted 18 days ago
1 2 3 4 6
REPLY TO DISCUSSION