Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
invigorate
Style_council
invigorate

I feel like leggings are such a tricky thing to style – you have to be perfectly in the middle of the “leggings as pants” to “leggings are opaque footless tights” spectrum.

Leggings, particularly not cotton ones, but more over ones that are made of different materials and patterns (some examples here http://store.americanapparel.net/8328aw.html?cid=905, http://store.americanapparel.net/rsarn300.html?cid=905, http://store.americanapparel.net/rnt43.html?cid=905) look [to me] odd as pants (as if you forgot something), but even so, still awkward under dresses and skirts.

To cut to the chase, how do you wear these types of leggings, if at all, and if not, how would you style them/wear them?

posted over 4 years ago
1 3
dirtcheap
Style_council
dirtcheap

i wear legginsg as anything i like really… the only problem can be the camel toe situation…

posted over 2 years ago

Taylore_Anne
Style_council
Taylore_Anne

Agreed with chellelinyoung she said ti the best and I quote her:

“long top and hidden butt is the number one rule on wearing leggings”

Leggings are NOT pants….. otherwise it looks tacky and cheap…. I do not want to see your lady parts, thanks.. thats my opinion

posted over 2 years ago

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

I love them, they’re so confortable,. I wear them with oversize tops or dresses

posted over 2 years ago

bchiu
New_user bchiu is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When bchiu reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
bchiu

I wear it with an oversized sweatshirt like this one http://www.vintagetrends.com/thumbnails_/lot/799/799-1821.jpg
just dont wear it with a short top because you will show your bootay and thats not classy yo! :3

posted over 2 years ago

beautifulxdisaster
Style_council
beautifulxdi...

i wear them with oversized/tunic tops.

posted over 2 years ago

JoyfulJoyous
Style_council
JoyfulJoyous

I wear them under short dresses or skirts and if I’m wear a short top I put a long cardigan over it just to ensure my bum is covered. Also it depends on the type of leggings really if its real thick ones like the ones Zara sell then I can get away with it on its own but if its cheap thin ones then they definitely go under something

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I don’t wear leggings, I think footless leggings and tights are incredibly ugly. But some people make them work, but I personally don’t wear them.
Tights, however, I wear all the time. I wear them under long shirts, under tunics, with oversized sweaters, and high waist skirts.

posted over 2 years ago

Aurelio12
New_user Aurelio12 is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Aurelio12 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Aurelio12

Hey agree with chellelinyoung
“long top and hidden butt is the number one rule on wearing leggings”
But personally i just hate wearing leggings

posted over 2 years ago

SweetPandora
Style_council
SweetPandora

I’m not that skinny so I wear the bright ones with long shirts or dresses when I’m out for clubbin’

posted over 2 years ago

lila_catherine
New_user lila_catherine is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When lila_catherine reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
lila_catherine

I love, love leggings, but often find that solid colors (particularly gray) look odd unless you’re fully covered up (long cardigan, tunic, etc.) but all my patterned ones (particularly these ) look great with a simple white top, the pattern usually takes the notice off your butt, making them look more like pants.

posted over 2 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

i wear them under dresses or long shirts. They go amazingly with boots

posted over 2 years ago

perluxlucis
Style_council
perluxlucis

I pretty much own two pair of leggings because I don’t like them too well. They’re comfy… But you’re right about tricky styling. They are not effective pant replacements, imo! (Leggings. Are. Not. Pants.) I wear them with super long, over sized tees or sweaters with flats or boots. Sometimes a pump. When worn this way, I start to like them more. Especially if I want to look cute and be comfy for long school days!

posted over 2 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION