Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Kye
Style_council
Kye

I love the knee high socks but I don’t know how to wear them without looking like a high school student. I bought a black pair and purple pair on the weekend and tried them with a few things, shorts and skirts. I’m also unsure what colour shoes I should wear them with? Any help would be welcomed with open arms.
Thanks. Kye

posted almost 6 years ago
Cad
Style_council
Cad

Those socks can be worn in so many ways. Personally i got a black pair. Yesterday I used them together with black thights and a red wool jumper, earlier I’ve used them with red thights and a long flannel shirt.
I’m a fan of mixing a lot of colours, so I would say that you can use them to almost every colour. But that’s me…

foxhuntvintage
Style_council
foxhuntvintage

i’d go with cad’s idea of wearing them ontop of tights – definitely looks less school-girlish than with bare legs. i think they can be great with knee-high boots, too, also helps tone down the schoolishness. what about pairing your black ones with some black lace leggings and a dress?

mangopeachapple
Style_council
mangopeachapple

I wore mine with a cute little skirt, huge bulk sweater, cashmere scarf and simple flats.

Illuminate
Style_council
Illuminate

I have the same dilemma I either feel chunky or like an extra in gossip girl. I envy the girls who pull them off effortlessly. Hopefully one day:)

posted over 5 years ago

whatswithamy
Style_icon
whatswithamy

I always wear my knee highs over boots, and sometimes I fold them down over the boot. It’s achieves a totally different look, and it’s fun.

posted over 5 years ago

rubot
Style_council
rubot

yes…in winter knee highs over opaque tights with knee boots are a staple for me…and they can add a bit of fun to the outfit which is nice.
i’ve seen so many girls pull them off with bare legs and skirts/dresses but i get the feeling i look either school girlish or slutty??...i guess you have to shop around for the right shoes and outfit etc.

posted over 5 years ago

Rad
Style_council
Rad

haha i’m a high school student, and we wear uniform, and i think they only look good on a uniform,
i think someone could pull them off in street clothes but i have yet to see it.

posted over 5 years ago

lachtuin
Style_council
lachtuin

I suppose that if they’re a part of your uniform, it’s probably the last trend that you’re going to pick up :P

posted over 5 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

knee high socks are just my favorite! and I am a high school student, so I don’t really mind looking like one haha!

posted over 5 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

with platforms!!:D

posted about 4 years ago

eminemmx
Style_council
eminemmx

I like them, but I hate my thighs so much, I’d never be able to pull them off – also, there’s a fine line between them being cutesy and slutty.

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION