Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Nikki
Style_council
Nikki

For my blog, Add Bubbles to Taste, I interviewed Society of the Spectacle designer Julianne Hoang. Her tees are absolutely amazing if you are unfamiliar… She talks about her design concepts and such:
http://www.addbubblestotaste.com/2008/10/interv…
I think you girls will like her line!

posted over 5 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

great tees! i wonder if she got the name of her line from Guy Debord’s La Societe du spectacle (which is a fascinating theoretical work). i particularly liked her quote on the media spectacle and commodity fetishism: “That desire to constantly consume is fed to us everyday and deters us from actively participating in important matters that affect us. We then become passive consumers of everything from the latest useless goods to media spectacles. I understand it’s really difficult to get out of the cycle of consumption. I have a difficult time myself. I guess…awareness is the first step.”
exactly! although i wonder how Julianne reconciles that notion with her own active contribution to the problems of consumerism…

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION