Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cranberryshades
Style_council
cranberryshades

I have a habit of clinging onto a specific pair of shoes for months at a time. 2005, it was a pair of doc martens [rather fugly on hindsight]; in 2006 it was a pair of rather funky purple suede boots and now it’s a pair of verrrrrrrrrrrrry beat down, nasty black flats…

…I can’t/won’t wear heels because I’ve recently become Type 1 diabetic and have been instructed to care for my feet- so while wearing pinchy pretty manolos was fine back in the day- my priorities have changed and I’ve come to terms with the fact that I wear ugly shoes. It’s who I am. :-(

posted over 5 years ago
Pink_Champagne
Style_council
Pink_Champagne

that’s nice.

posted over 5 years ago

Idhren
Style_council
Idhren

It’s such a shame to discover you’re somethig you might not necessarily would like to be.. I do this all the time >_<

posted over 5 years ago

cranberryshades
Style_council
cranberryshades

I think it’s pretty important to have topics like this, sometimes people have to alter their sense [or lack thereof] of style for weird reasons..ie my diabetes-feet=no heels…

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 1911 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 1911 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I assumed that by ugly shoes you meant Uggs or Crocs. Because there are countless pairs of beautiful shoes without a heel out there. But yes, I’ve also had a problem with letting go of shoes that were beyond repair. I recommend going out and buying a pair that you love and that are comfortable for your feet. Start wearing them and after a while it’ll be easy to let go of your old ones.

posted over 5 years ago

meredithjane
Style_council
meredithjane

I have a hard time wearing heels myself because I have flat feet, and as a result, bunions and hammer toes! It’s not THAT hideous, I swear, but makes wearing heels hard.

I tend to stick to wedge, very low heels and platforms instead. But 99% of the time I wear Keds or Converse. Health is more important than fashion.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

^^ are you a PRD-er? you look familiar !

posted over 5 years ago

meredithjane
Style_council
meredithjane

Yes! I am! I’m pigeon toes over there! Whats your name? I knew something was up when you said you were into Operation Ivy…

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

haha, my name’s poorandweird over there. i post too much about absolute gibberish really.

posted over 5 years ago

cranberryshades
Style_council
cranberryshades

agreed meredithjane!

but, sometimes…i wish i could dig in the back of my closet and pull out some feet-hating manolos and prance about…how do people do it?

how do you wear killer heels and look comfortable?

anyone know heels that are super comfortable AND cute?

i wear converse a lot as well and loads of flats and sandals…

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i have flat feet and bunions and horrible everything, so i buy wider-fitting heels when i can

posted over 5 years ago

girlpanic
Style_council
girlpanic

just happy to know that I am not the only one having flat feet and bunions, or the only one admitting it, and that you have the whole daniel johnston avatar going on. hoorah.

posted almost 3 years ago

crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

It’s hard to wear great shoes with flat feet – I totally understand y’all.

BreeK
New_user BreeK is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When BreeK reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
BreeK

I actually really appreciate this topic as I have VERY sensitive feet that bleed very easily. The insides have to be fabric, and the material has to be super soft so that I don’t bleed. I can’t wear 95% of shoes that I find cute because I wouldn’t last 20 minutes in them.
I’ve definitely found a couple of brands that work for me, but continue searching for heels that I can wear.

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

Its ok if you don’t wear heels, there are plenty of cute shoes that aren’t heels. Try buying and wearing a new pair of shoes and keep the old ones if you can’t bring yourself to throw them out. You can also get someone else to throw away your old shoes.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION