Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

Do you guys have any designer/brand/etc that got huge and you are actually sad about it?
I was “upset” for a while that Marc Jacobs got this huge… I mean.. yeah
but I am over it.

You?

posted over 5 years ago
1 2 4
A_Odessa
Style_council
A_Odessa

LadyLola- Definitely. I don’t know how those disgusting things ever got popular.

I’m still peeved about the hippie movement of the 1960’s and the punk movement of the 1970’s getting big. And once grunge was being showcased on the runways back in the 90’s, you knew that was over too.

Once something is mainstream, it loses its “unique” factor that makes it so desirable. Think about it, none of the items you’ve listed look any different, it’s just that you are no longer unique in your choice of wearing that item.

posted over 4 years ago

Statics
Style_council
Statics

It doesn’t annoy me, just makes me raise an eyebrow (well, if I could)… I’ve worn prescription glasses since I was six (I had possibly the worst eyesight as a kid, and it hasn’t got any better), and got so badly bullied for it. It’s a little odd seeing the people who used to tease me for wearing these glasses actually wearing them a few years on with plastic lenses.

posted over 4 years ago

Anne_Sophie
Style_council
Anne_Sophie

I am sick that Christian Audigier got big. What that guy sells is just awful, Ed Hardy, Smet & co make me wanna puke…

posted over 4 years ago

BlaqkTongue
Style_council
BlaqkTongue

I’m okay with flannel shits but I see them EVERYWHERE now and that peeves me.

posted over 4 years ago

wereswan
Style_council
wereswan

i hate that motorcycle jackets are popular. i always think of the ramones looking badass when i think of motorcycle jackets and now they still $20 faux ones everywhere you look.

kinda bummed that nineties grunge is back in style.

posted over 4 years ago

wereswan
Style_council
wereswan

ALSO

buddy holly glasses on girls, or just in general. these have always been a favorite of mine and i don’t think they look very good on women. it’s a mans thing and i think it’s so quirky and handsome.

posted over 4 years ago
1 2 4
REPLY TO DISCUSSION