SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
xxepcxx11
Style_council
xxepcxx11

Hi,
I love designing clothes and i want to start doing that type of stuff.
But sadly I cant afford material I only have a needle with some thread and my clothes form my closet. So how do I turn my old clothes into new clothes and a new trend that looks good and unique? Help please!

posted about 5 years ago
New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Check out some pattern books and take old clothes that you want to wear in a different way and make your own clothing. But for something less challenging, start off with changing hemlines (asymmetrical, etc), remove or add sleeves, collars and such. Or add decorative touches like bedazzlers, trims, and piping. Also, making older clothes fit your frame makes it like new. Sometimes a little ruffle, pleats, and new buttons make all the difference. Have fun!

posted about 5 years ago

Bubu
Style_council
Bubu

Ruffles, ruffles, ruffles… Bows… Flowers… You can make skirts higher and shorter only with needle and a belt, I’m playing with it all the time… And shoulder pads, just buy them in a cheap shop and decorate them and sew on cardigans. It’s really fun, and looks amazing sometimes…

posted about 5 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Well people buy studs and add them onto demin vests but that does cost some money. Also I have seen tutorials for making american flag shorts that are cut offs from old jeans. You can see a tutorial on Youtube.

posted about 2 years ago

Naomi_Carmen
Style_council
Naomi_Carmen

Try a swap shop. Online people offer you different things for your items. From jewellery to shoes and clothing. I list mine on ebay after I’ve worn them a couple times, make some money back off them and recycle them into my next seasons wardrobe. There are also websites that people can donate their clothing to so all you have to do is pick them up.. totally free. I check my local area all the time. It’s really handy. Modifying costs money too. I just layer my clothes up to make them seem alternative and on triend. But i have allot of clothes! (: xx

posted about 2 years ago

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

The website Craftster has some great forums for this sort of thing!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=348.0

posted about 2 years ago

ellemaniere
New_user ellemaniere is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ellemaniere reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ellemaniere

Go to your library and pick up some pattern books, apart from that, you can use appliqué, cut out some fabric from sleeves, or crop stuff which only take about five minutes and can transform something almost instantly ! If you can, you can pick up some cheap fabric paint, and let loose ! Chibis are usually adorable !

posted over 1 year ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

an easy to to diy clothes even without sewing is to cut up longer shirts to make them into crop tops or add fringe at the bottom. These are super easy and perfect for summer =)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION