Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Julia154
Style_council
Julia154

My prom’s coming up this summer, and already got my dress and such (a deep blue 50s style swing dress, with a vintage contrasting red petticoat) and hopefully I’ll soon have a pair of red irregular choice heels. Anyway, I don’t know how to have my hair. I have a blue matching flower, I’m just not sure whether to have it up or down.
I’d like to keep the retro theme going, and I’d like to have it curly, but other than that I’m not too sure. If anyone has any suggestions they’d be greatly appreciated :)

posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I’m not sure how you’d incorporate the flower into it but a beehive style may go well with the style of the dress. Not a major amy winehouse style one by the way, but just a half head one like this: http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/image-library/port/376/p/paris-hilton-beehive.jpg (yes I know Paris Hilton isn’t the best person for inspiration but her hair actually looks nice there).

Or maybe you could search up some celebrity pictures for inspiration. Dita Von Teese and Katy Perry would be good people to look at for inspiration as both are quite retro in their styles when it comes to their hair.

posted over 4 years ago

Julia154
Style_council
Julia154

Ooh I do like that style! And thank you, that’s a good idea searching for celebrity photos. I’ll see if I can get some inspiration and play around with ideas :)

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

i found this tutorial it’s not 50’s it’s 40’s though
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/bfstone13/glamorous.jpg
but i would try practice before so it looks good the day of prom

posted over 4 years ago

Roseflorie
Style_council
Roseflorie

I’m having my prom too but I decided doing a updo would be to obvious and common. So I’m going with a face fringe

Have fun!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION