Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
karmie
Style_council
karmie

I can’t stand those hipster chic giant framed vintage glasses especially when people don’t wear lenses with them. They look just plain silly. I guess glasses can be a great fashion accessory, but I’m not sure what look is trying to be achieved by wearing very obviously fake glasses that engulf your entire face. Maybe my annoyance may have to do with me being totally blind and having no choice but to wear glasses or worry about contacts every day, so people who do it for funsies just aggravate me.
Now that i’ve mentioned those glasses with no lenses, i think just those giant old people glasses that they sell at american apparel for example are completely silly as well.

posted over 6 years ago
1 2
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

All lenses naturally cause distortion of light and I know some folks can get headaches. Still doesn’t justify wearing fake glasses for a fake prescription that you don’t have. Did I mention how fake it is? Yeah. It’s fake. Cheers.

posted about 6 years ago

stephanista
Style_council
stephanista

Aw, I love fake glasses! without them, a whole world of fashion is closed off to me :(

posted almost 6 years ago

YoureWrongImRight
Style_council
YoureWrongIm...

i could care less really. but i hate it when people think its the shit tho( as in act like they own the place because theyre following a trend, you know, like they are extremely fashionable ) . i mean, they are JUST glasses after all.i have not idea if anyone understood what im trying to say hahahaha .
yes it is a little fake tho, i gotta admit.

surlaplage
Style_council
surlaplage

eh if hipsters did it then i guess it means it’s super cool to be four-eyes now. i hate when i step out somewhere and my glassesget all foggy, so lenses ftw!

knotcomesloose
Style_council
knotcomesloose

I knew a guy who thought himself elligible to rock this strange idea. Maybe he was…
I was tempted to follow suit when both lenses popped out of my white wayfarers, but couldn’t bring myself to do it.
It’s just blatantly rediculous.
As a nearly-blind individual, I can wear glasses when I want (black “emo” frames or enormous hip irony frames, I have both…). If you’re lucky enough to have perfect vision, then do us a favor by getting accessory glasses with non-prescription lenses or low correction reading glasses. They’re out there and you can pretend like you’re not pretending to wear glasses.

katiebear
Style_council
katiebear

i think it looks ridiculous when the glasses take up the entire face. i guess i prefer when the glasses have glass in them, but as long as they’re not enormous, it doens’t bother me.

New_user 19084 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 19084 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

no lenses? bizarre and hilarious.
about as useful as braces/suspenders that aren’t legitamately holding your pants up, or a belt around a dress.
high five to the ballsy individuals putting themselves out there to look like a clown for my amusement.

Laughingalltheway
Style_council
Laughingallt...

I really don’t see anything wrong with fake ones, as long as they at least have some sort of glass or something in them. I have real glasses, but I think it’s stupid when people wear them without lenses.

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

it’s annoying :/

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

At first I was put off by the glasses-as-accessories trend, mostly because I hate wearing my prescription glasses and wondered why anyone would ever want to wear glasses. But now that they’re trendy, I’m actually really happy about it, because these means if I ever feel like wearing my glasses, I’d look chic rather than dorky.

Wearing them without lenses seems weird in principle, but there are two practical reasons I can see that would make it make sense, at least for me:

1) If you have long eyelashes, not having lenses in your glasses means you don’t have that obnoxious smeary windshield-wiper thing going on. (I have this problem with my regular glasses; I only wish I could take the lenses out!).
2) If you like the frames of your sunglasses but don’t want to wear sunglasses indoors, you can pop the lenses out and they just look like glasses. (I am actually considering doing this with a pair of sunglasses).

posted over 4 years ago

786style
New_user 786style is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 786style reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
786style

I love fake glasses though definately think that sans lens is a fashion faux pas.

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION