Twitter
Googleplus
Angelfcuk
New_user Angelfcuk is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Angelfcuk reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Angelfcuk

I’m wondering what your stance is on the nerd chic glasses and if they will continue to be a trend this year?

posted about 1 year ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I think they will still be in for a while longer, but I also see them slowly diminishing in popularity.

posted about 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I wear glasses as an accessory. Most non-prescription ones come with UV protection, so you might as well wear them the way you would wear sunglasses, which is whenever you want to!

posted about 1 year ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Hm, well, as a nearly blind person I need glasses. I couldn’t wear contacts every day. So I hope nerd glasses at least won’t be a total no go….

posted about 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I still wear those fake glasses. Haha. I’m sorry but I just like looking nerdy :p I think the trend will stick around at least for another season or two.

posted about 1 year ago

FashionInciter
Style_council
FashionInciter

OUT. It really needs to go in my opinion. If you need glasses, you need glasses, and you wear them for that purpose. But it’s not very original to wear the same frames (sometimes without even glass in them, ugh) as everyone else. If you want the look then get some reading glasses that are suited for your face and functional! They will look cute (because their on you!).

posted about 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I think it’s still gonna be in trend. It’s something to accessorize the face and give them their own character. Plus you can do a different look every time.

posted about 1 year ago

KathleenCaring
Style_council
KathleenCaring

Out. never really liked them.

posted about 1 year ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

it hasn’t been as popular lately, I think glasses as an accessory are still in but mabe just not the big black nerd glasses so much now. But wear them if you love them!

posted about 1 year ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

it hasn’t been as popular lately, I think glasses as an accessory are still in but mabe just not the big black nerd glasses so much now. But wear them if you love them!

posted about 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I feel like those oversized classic frames will be around for quite a while. at the very least, you can’t really tell they’re not prescription unless you know the person :P.

posted about 1 year ago

xxxrays
New_user xxxrays is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When xxxrays reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
xxxrays

as someone who needs glasses 24/7, i can tell when people are wearing fake ones, and i think they’ve always looked tacky.

posted about 1 year ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I don’t know about the big nerdy ones but if the have lenses in them and people don’t know they are not prescription glasses then go ahead and wear them. no one will know. I remember I couldn’t wait until I needed glasses and now that I have them I don’t like wearing them so much. I only put them on when I need to read something.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION