Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ragilmega
Style_council
ragilmega

Hey I am not too sure which subforum I should put this in. This can be moved if it fits somewhere else :)

How is Dr. Martens’ performance in the rain and the snow?

posted over 3 years ago
coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think they hold up pretty well in the rain! The soles are good but although the actual uppers should be water resistant I don’t think they are completely waterproof (you may have to put a spray or cream on them.) I’m not sure about the snow as it doesn’t snow where I live, but hope that helps a bit.

posted over 3 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I would love to know too since I live in Pennsylvania and we get the most unpredictable weather ever. haha.

posted over 3 years ago

ragilmega
Style_council
ragilmega

I did do a little research, they said doc marts are not too good in snow, salt wrecks the sole or something.

Now I wonder if I should keep mine or return them :(

posted over 3 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I’ve used mine as snow boots. My docs are in great condition but I’m guessing more long term would be an issue.

posted over 3 years ago

ragilmega
Style_council
ragilmega

hey opfiend, thanks for answering :) how long have you had your boots for? how are the soles? do they look just like normal wear and tear?

posted over 3 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I’ve had my boots for 4 years. My boots are cowhide and I wouldn’t really reccomend that for snow but the soles are in excellent condition. Regular leather ones might be ok.

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hmm… wouldn’t salt end up wrecking the soles of most shoes anyway though? I would think that docs are more hard-wearing than other regular boots (other than shoes made specifically for use in snow of course!)

posted over 3 years ago

elissam
Style_council
elissam

I walked around for hours in the snow with my Docs. They were great, snow and rain didn’t seep through at all, but since they are a light pink colour the scuff marks are really noticeable.

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

My DMs arrived last year the day before we were hit with 2 feet of snow. I wore them out in the snow the following day, and almost every other snowy and rainy day since.

They’re still alright. Better than my other shoes, anyway.

posted over 3 years ago

iheartbooradley
Style_council
iheartbooradley

Just got a cherry red pair and they hold up very well and we get a lot of snow. I agree with the person who said that most shoes soles will be ruined by the salt too. KEEP THEM!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION