Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
CourtneyElizabeth
Style_council
CourtneyEliz...

I’m in love with the studs I’m seeing on jeans and bags and stuff, but I’m on a super tight budget. So how in the world do I go about putting stud accents on my own clothing? Do I need to buy a bedazzler? Do I use a hammer? Can I just scour the craft store shelves for a kit?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. :]

posted almost 5 years ago
Yanie
Style_council
Yanie

what i did was i bought studded belts (try to find cheap ones) then i removed the studs :))

posted almost 5 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

you can buy a leather punch on amazon, they’re pretty cheap, and punch holes into whatever you’ve got and pop spikes or whatever in…
sometimes you can find the kind of pyramid studs and things that you can just sew on…or do what yanie said and get super-gluin lol

posted over 4 years ago

Deveryraux
Style_council
Deveryraux

http://studsandspikes.com/buy/studs-c-57.html You can sometimes get a pack of 100 studs for only $4-$6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFV5WisS8Uw Here’s one tutorial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ivhOqj3GtA&feature=related#movie_player
here’s another.

You’ll need pliers, a good tool for punching holes (the first guy uses a dart, lol) and patience.

posted over 4 years ago

rosenoire
Style_council
rosenoire

i’ve been looking for a post to reply like this lol.

I, too, love studs. if i could, i would wear studs everyday. I just love that rocker-esque tough vibe you get from them.. What I do, is go to Wal-Mart and in the crafts section they will sell a sheet with about 50+ studs. They are “Iron-On”. They cost about 3 dollars and its pretty easy to put them on your stuff. You basically cut them, Place the sticky side of the sheet with the stud on the item, Iron it, wait for it to cool off, and Voila!! easy studding without a bedazzler.

I love the easiness of these iron on studs, but honestly, you have to be very careful when using them. Some may come off with regular wear, but if you put them properly and iron them well and let them cool off, they will stick.

Today, actually, I just completed a studded sweater for myself. I am in love with the big shoulder detail trend going on in womens fashion right now, so i decided to stud out the shoulders of a simple black sweatshirt. It came out looking lovely!!! so chic and it looks so expensive. I can’t wait to wear it.

Hopefully this helps you out a lot. Its a quick and inexpensive alternative to a bedazzler.

love <3,
Noire.

posted over 4 years ago

sarah12891
Style_council
sarah12891

…. I’m heading to walmart tomorrow! lol
thats genius.

I may be getting a tad “stud happy” going through my closet tomorrow lol :)

posted over 4 years ago

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I do studs freehand really. I get a cheapo studded belt, use something with a flat edge (or my own fingers) to pop out the studs, then stick them into whatever I want.

I did a pretty decent stud job on this adorable black purse I have, but free hand studs through (I think faux) leather hurts like a mofo XD

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION