Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
barney
Style_council
barney

I just graduated from UT Austin and during my stay there I noticed many girls adopted very similar outfits.
The droid’s uniforms generally consisted of:
white v-necks;
nike running shorts;
leggings (unfortunately sometimes under the nike wind shorts);
sorority shirts.
sperry top siders.
I was curious if it was like this at other universities? (if not, were there other trends girls followed?)
AND what kind of comfortable/casual clothes do YOU guys like to wear to class or recommend for wearing to class?

posted almost 6 years ago
1 3
iannefermin
Style_council
iannefermin

Ordinary days.. It’s..
Skinny jeans + flipflops + graphic tee / polo shirts / statement shirts or any top for that matter. Wearing heels at my university is a no-no. It’s either flipflops, sneakers or ballet flats. No heels or you will experience pain all day. Haha.

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I’m not in college anymore (graduated last spring), but I wore a huge variety of things during my time. While I never wore pajamas (if I wore them, I knew I’d fall asleep!), I did go to class a few times in sweats and do the generally scrubby jeans/sweatshirt look on days I couldn’t be bothered, but sometimes I would dress up just to dress up. It’s funny how people would always be really weirded out, like “Why are you trying to look nice? Do you have an interview or something? Do you like somebody in the class?” It never made sense to people that sometimes I like dressing up just for me.

Senior year I was observing classes in local high schools and then student-teaching, so I dressed very professionally— conservative with practical heels every day. (I avoided heels until then, because walking across campus is hell in heels!). I probably dressed more professionally than some of my professors!

Most girls seemed to live in a uniform of North Face jackets with leggings tucked into uggs, but there were enough people with individual styles that I never felt overwhelmed or disgusted. It depended a lot on the class and subject, too. For instance, the art school kids put more thought into what they wore than most people, but the kids in engineering, chem, etc had certain rules regarding lab wear so even my stylish best friend would always be in plain jeans and sneakers on days she had lab.

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

Ugh. Hate what girls wear at my school. I go to Georgia Southern University, and just like all the other schools they wear:

UGGS….YUCK!
leggings under sports shorts.
hoodies.
Sperry’s. so old.
soroity T’s. neverending, I swear.
North Face jackets.

All this is so old and UGLY. Occasionally I will see 1 or 2 girls, that looks stylish or nice. Even some of the girls in my fashion classes wear all that stuff, it’s gross! But I enjoy going to my fashion classes b/c a good number of them do dress nice, and not mainstream at all.

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Community Colleges are mega-lax w/ dresscode & style. I saw this guy @ mine one day who had the back of his pants pocket completely torn off on 3 sides. You could see 6 inches of his gray underwear. Not sexy at all. X( I, of course, was a discerning goth/geek hybrid at the time. Very strange things seemed to happen when I gothed it up…like meeting the kid who’d introduce me to my current guy, some creeper from Campus Crusade asking me (yes, me, the white Catholic girl who was clearly wearing a cross that day.) if I heard about Jesus & would join “CRU”. (I (verbally) ripped him a new one, since I was pissed off that day.)

For the remaining 2 years, I “upgraded” to a Liberal Arts College whose fashions pretty much ran the entire spectrum. You had HolliCrombie Trend-whores, (mostly wannabe)Gangstas, PjPals, punks (most came from the local HS), emo kids (depressingly), geeks, nerds, bohemians, bluejeaners, thrifters, fratties, PRprofessionals, casualpreps and even a few goths! :o I was basically a bluejeaner. Here, I wore blue jeans and a cute top almost every day. It was part style, part necessity. I actually got plenty of compliments there on the pair of jeans I’m wearing today…

posted over 4 years ago

minzeycat
Style_council
minzeycat

i have a feeling all the girls at my future college will become quite monotonous: tee shirt, jeans and sneakers.

posted over 4 years ago

ahappyfreakingday
Style_council
ahappyfreaki...

skinny jeans, flip flops, tshirts uggs..yuck

posted over 4 years ago

Randi_Nichole
Style_council
Randi_Nichole

I live smack dab in the middle of 4 (yes 4) colleges.

The sheep uniform is:

- northface jacket
- black crop peacoat
- sweatpants tucked into uggs (god damn…)
- skinny jeans, and ONLY skinny jeans
- American Eagle anything.
- tees with too many logos
- flip flops
- leggings AS pants (the loathsome full-on butt crack)
- V necks
- messy bun with lots of pins and crap
- jet black eyeliner, mascara, and pink gloss
- bigass sunglasses

toss in an oversized bag with a starbucks frappicino and you’re good to go.
the seniors at my highschool dress the same.

posted over 4 years ago

wardrobewars
Style_council
wardrobewars

skinny jeans
cardigan
flat ballerinas or ankle boots
cute tshirt, or shirt
blazer or leather jacket

posted over 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

wow old topic! but I guess its still relevant. I noticed at my university uggs, sorority sweatshirts, college sweatshirt and sweatpants are very common! Also, flipflops during the warm times.Oh and of course jeans xD

posted over 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

it depends on the faculty in my college. for communication department, I often see those who wear the latest trends. most of them not have their personal style. but when they see something cute (for me), unfortunately, they stare at her like she’s an alien. but most people in my college wear :
a. shirt
b. jacket/cardigan (mostly)/blazer (sometimes)
c. jeans
d. sneakers/flats

posted over 3 years ago

Milarie
New_user Milarie is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Milarie reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Milarie

3 years later but heres my post….. On my campus (In PUERTO RICO) girls dress up, sometimes for classe, but there are also girls who wear the sorrority shirts and all of that

posted over 2 years ago

Siesie
Style_council
Siesie

Wow, another University of SC student! I just graduated from the Upstate campus. Didn’t expect to find another student on Chictopia.

The USCU uniform for girls: short shorts. It doesn’t matter what else you wear, but obscenely short, tight shorts are mandatory. (I invented a game that I used to play with my boyfriend. We’d keep a tally of all the girls we saw wearing short shorts, and at the end of the day whoever counted the most won).

This applies to almost all girls where I live, not just college girls. They wear bland clothes from American Eagle, Hollister and the like, style their hair short-to-mid-length with layers and highlights, go to tanning beds until their unnaturally dark (or orange) skin clashes horribly with their bleach blonde or highlighted hair, tweeze their eyebrows into pencil thin lines… You get the picture. Ugg boots are very popular in the winter.

The girls that I hang out with tend to wear jeans or cargo pants, t-shirts (usually with some nerd reference), and hats with fox/wolf/bunny ears. This is a less common, but still common look, and I don’t mind it because it doesn’t try to be fashionable in the first place (whereas the other look I described tries to be fashionable and fails).

posted over 2 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

We’ve got a lot of that going on here too! We have an Urban outfitters and forever 21 across the street from us so we have styles for everyone

posted over 2 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

Girls at my college usually dress in:
Leggings as pants
Uggs
Sweatpants
Northface jackets
Rain boots
I’ve also noticed a lot of blondes with jet black mascara and eyeliner (like someone else pointed out)

posted over 2 years ago

EmmySur
Style_council
EmmySur

Most of the girls I see around my campus wear a lot of black north face jackets, leggings, sweatpants, and uggs. Personally, I usually wear skinny jeans, cardigans, sweaters, and some kind of boots (usually my combat boots).

posted over 2 years ago

MaddieMoua
New_user MaddieMoua is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MaddieMoua reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MaddieMoua

Where I live, it’s extremely cold in the winter so most students are dressed in heavy duty boots and coats. Some who decide to dress it up a little wear UGG boots but that’s about it.

posted over 2 years ago
1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION