Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Bettibop
Style_council
Bettibop

Ugh… my last question got deleted so i won’t attach a link this time.

What’s your opinion of the charm bracelet trend? Do you think it’s something that’s vintage/dated or do you think it’s going to last/ will it become classic?

posted over 3 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

i think they’re clunky and in the way. or the super bling ones are too pre-teen. i like simple chunky pieces that don’t have loose pieces

posted over 3 years ago

Sal505
Style_council
Sal505

I think charm bracelets are classic but some of them can look tacky or bla pre-teen

posted over 3 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I adore charm bracelets of all sorts, though I tend to stick with two that I have, both are sterling silver, and one has all my childhood charms on it like a unicorn and ballet slippers and a turtle, and the other has recent, more mature charms, like a little sweet sixteen, and a tennis racket, and a rose. They’re both not only very pretty but very sentimental and I see pieces like that as something that could be a classic. Of course, i see what pandaphilia and sal505 are saying – those tacky, colorful, cruddy ones look way to pre-teen.

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hmm.. i’ve never owned a charm bracelet before! I suppose they can look a bit tacky/teen but I do like Pandora bracelets! My friend has one and she only has a few charms at the moment (as they’re expensive) but all the charms actually mean something, eg she got a little academic hat for graduating uni, a love heart from her bf. Some people seem to buy lots of charms just for the sake of filling up their bracelet and I guess that might take away from the sentimental value!

posted over 3 years ago

Bettibop
Style_council
Bettibop

I also see where ur coming from too sal505 and pandaphillia…I think every style of jewelry has younger/tacky versions

posted over 3 years ago

Vikichiki
Style_council
Vikichiki

I like the dangling charms and the meaningful charms like the ones coldlight’s friend has and I remember that design contest from last year Bettibop :)

posted over 3 years ago

SparklesSequinsRhinstones
Style_council
SparklesSequ...

i like charm bracelets when they are created for yourself and you go and buy your charms.

posted over 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I like them in a vintage or cute-like-Disney style. but I’m still wondering how to style them. however, charm bracelets become the trend now in my college but I’m still doubt to buy one.

posted over 3 years ago

Jeanie00
Style_council
Jeanie00

I think they’re classic vintage but I also like the new charm bracelets like Pandora, Chamilia and Persona. Fashion is all about updating and rejuvenating old looks! :)

posted over 3 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I like them…but not on me. I don’t really like bracelets on me at all.

posted over 3 years ago

aleez816
Style_council
aleez816

ehh. not my style. simple and classy, that’s the way to go.

posted over 3 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

simple ones with meaningful charms or a Tiffany’s charm bracelet are my thing.

posted over 3 years ago

BritStylist
Style_council
BritStylist

Yes Tiffany’s, yes Persona, yes Pandora…no to bracelets that are over cluttered. i like some glass charms but typically I go for the cute dangle-style charms.

posted over 3 years ago

Ant91
Style_council
Ant91

I like Persona and Pandora too :)

posted over 3 years ago

nalysale
New_user nalysale is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When nalysale reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
nalysale

I love charm bracelet that are according to need and created for some one spacial.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION