Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
freedyriver
Style_council
freedyriver

So, I’ve seen a lot of black and brown mixtures this fall. I was thinking of trying it out myself, but would black tights work with brown suede t-strap flats??

posted almost 6 years ago
1 2
egghead
Style_icon
egghead

I don’t see why not, but I don’t think I’ve seen it work with a dark mud brown or something. Light browns are fine, but I suppose that’s getting near beige?

posted over 5 years ago

Chesterography
Style_council
Chesterography

Yes they would! I wear it like that sometimes… but just throw in some color. I’m not one for bland colors ):

posted over 5 years ago

Idhren
Style_council
Idhren

Black goes with anything and everything.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

always. as long as it’s a nice rich shade of brown so you’re not wearing poo colours …

oh, and there’s a few brown garments that are ALWAYS wrong. leggings, for instance.

posted over 5 years ago

pandafly
Style_council
pandafly

im not really into mixing black and brown.
i tend to mix black with bright colors. :)

posted over 5 years ago

nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

I think it depends on the shades of the blacks and browns. I like dark brown tops with black pants or skirt or leggings. And call me old fashion but I still am a firm believer that you cant wear brown shoes with a black belt and vice versa

posted over 5 years ago

Karolina
Style_council
Karolina

Yes.
I think most colours can be worn together so long as the outfit is pulled together right.

posted over 5 years ago

Bubu
Style_council
Bubu

Black goes with everything, that means also brown, navy, . . . For me it’s even most boring with white. Sometimes people look at me like I’m color blind but I just love that mix, it makes the whole combination more relaxed and nonchalant…

posted over 5 years ago

Laughingalltheway
Style_council
Laughingallt...

Absolutely. The other day I wore a black cami under a white flowy tank, grey cardigan, jeans, and brown leather boots. I thought it looked pretty good.

posted over 5 years ago

nashi
Style_council
nashi

Go for it. If it doesn’t look glaringly awful, and you like it then wear it. There aren’t any ‘rights and wrongs’ at the end of the day, it’s all opinion.

posted over 5 years ago

Fredy
Style_council
Fredy

It depends on how you wear it.
A black skirt worn with a chocolate brown legging/tights looks horrible, imo.
But brown minnetonka’s with a black sweater are amazing, again imo.
Just use your own good judgement and when in doubt: don’t do it.

posted over 5 years ago

blinkers
Style_council
blinkers

Yes. Isaac Mizrahi did it (maybe he’s a 2nd class designer now? I don’t know.) so if he thinks it’s ok then it is. Haha.

I’ve been told never to wear black and navy together, but some of my stylish friends who are a bit more stylish than me do it all the time. So it must be ok, right? XD

posted over 5 years ago

Sexy_Sadie
Style_council
Sexy_Sadie

Depending more on the pieces than in the color… those two match amazing.. so don’t worry

posted over 5 years ago

trishasaurus
Style_council
trishasaurus

You can mix whatever you like

posted over 5 years ago

elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

i’m still undecided on this trend. sometimes i see people wearing brown and black and it works, but i’m still not a fan of mixing the two “neutrals”

posted over 5 years ago

yourmotherondrugs
Style_council
yourmotheron...

i think you can do whatever you want, just try out, look at yourself in the mirror, and if you like what you see, just wear it.

posted over 5 years ago

Shortgirlstyle
Style_council
Shortgirlstyle

YES!
But honestly if you are wearing brown shoes and a black belt that’s kinda lame (mainly for guys and especially it’s leather).

posted over 5 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I agree with queenlazy. Also, I’ve been somewhat nervous to mix blacks and browns out side of having a black perse with brown asseccsories and vise versa. Although I think the right shades will work.

posted about 5 years ago

ladyj88
Style_council
ladyj88

brown+black is the shi* bc it breaks a preconceived rule. therefore awesome just like navy and black. and ive personally been loving gray brown and black or cream. hmmm looks so punk and neutral at once

posted about 5 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION