Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  lolita
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

I personally love it. For the longest time, it was my life, even though I couldn’t dress it a lot. I was a lifestyle loli . I had tea every day, and collected tea cups, and I still do try to go to some meetups and whatnot. I just wanted to find some other lolis on chictopia! Even though loli is a little frilly-odd, it’s still a fashion!

For those of you who are just looking in on this for curiosity, and have never heard of this, lolita is a fun, frilly japanese street fashion (not to be confused with the western book Lolita, ew.) There are tons of styles like sweet, classic, goth, punk, etc. I was one for sweet and classic.
Metamorphose Temps De Fille
This is one of the major coveted brands. They’re like the couture of lolita, along with other brands like Angelic Pretty and Baby The Stars Shine Bright. But looking through should give you an idea of the aesthetic :)

So…anyone?

posted over 4 years ago
LoliT
Style_council
LoliT

I knew that. I was REALLY into it for like…2 weeks. Then I saw people wear it in RL….somethings unfourtunatly are cuter on paper than in RL. But Himegyaru I STILL love. I wont like….do the hair/makeup but the clothes….they’re BEAUTIFUL. I would love to live like that~ <3><3

posted over 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

It appeals to me, though I’ve never worn it or been part of it. I’ve always liked the aesthetic, and as far as countercultures go I think I’d definitely be more at home with the loli lifestyle than groups like goth, emo, etc. I think there’s totally a place for it Lolita fashion on Chictopia and I’d be curious to look in on those who dress it/take their inspiration from it, even if I’m not contributing to it myself.

You’d think living in Japan I’d have more opportunities to explore Lolita possibilities, but I’m about as far from Tokyo and the center of the street fashion scene as you can get. In fact, the first week I got here I saw a TV special about a girl from my prefecture who wanted to move to Tokyo and be Lolita— no joke— and it showed her wandering around in her sweet Loli finest amongst rice fields and pastures full of cows and everyone on the show thought it was the most hilariously dissonant thing ever. Considering I’m already an oddity in my town for just being non-Japanese, I jettisoned the possibility of following in her footsteps pretty quickly :-P But I can still look and admire.

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita

10 points - Become a fan

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

lol^ murasakineko i think the tv special was a movie…i forget the name of it now…at least, it reminds me of the movie lol

posted over 4 years ago

Champagne
Style_council
Champagne

I love it, if I could get away with it I would totally do it.

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

i love it! if i had more time, money and skill to make my own clothes i would dress up like that! not every day though :P i love all the different styles and accessories :)

posted over 4 years ago

locketandkey
Style_council
locketandkey

I love Lolita fashion, especially elegant gothic lolita. Unfortunately trying to buy authentic lolita clothes gets really expensive. :/
I’ve made my own clothes before, but the quality wasn’t that great.
I would wear it out if I could get my hands on a few pieces. It would be so fun!

posted over 4 years ago

Deveryraux
Style_council
Deveryraux

@Murasaki: That is from one of my favorite movies, Kamikaze Girls. The girl’s name in Momoko. <3>d love to find people who are. So cute. :]

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita

10 points - Become a fan

chicchica_bo...

Ah^ deveryraux thank you! I couldn’t think of it, but you got it! Yay! Thank you :)

posted over 4 years ago

itsaboutsarah
Style_council
itsaboutsarah

yeh i have once dressed up in lolita to AvCon (adelaide’s anime and gaming convention) but i havn’t since..I live in a really conservative city of Adelaide in australia but one day il go “casual lolita” by like just wearing the skirt but dressing it down with “non loilta” componants lol. i have tried once, didn’t succeed, but i’ll try again. I don’t own anything else lolita but the one outfit, this is mostly because theyre quite expensive for pieces that can’t be worn everyday -that said i do know real lolitas wear lolita as everyday clothing ahah makes sense

posted over 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I think lolita fashion is very pretty but I wouldn’t go out dressed that way because of the looks I’d get xP Also, lolita clothing is SO expensive. My friend often wore half lolita style to school though =)

posted over 4 years ago

courtneycrunk
Style_council
courtneycrunk

I’ll admit..I once was…XD

posted over 4 years ago

vintageskinny
Style_council
vintageskinny

lolita is a big inspiration to me right now, but i wouldn’t try to replicate what they do in japan. i’m into the girly lace and bows, but not so much in a “babyish” type of way. no bonnets for me, no thanks :p

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

@vintageskinny: Are baby bonnets still in? oh dear…how can I wear my tiny top hat now? ;)

I was also into it during “the goth phase” (which was just me dressing kinda goth and aspiring to be Amy Lee). I still have a skirt that I wear that I just adore but I never got all that into it. It was just too expensive, since I had came out of tomboy-land part 2 like maybe a year before and would have to order all those skirts…and corsets…and tiny tophats…(I never did get one of those…I kinda wish I did.)

It’s good to revisit it once in a while. But if you get caught up in that culture, don’t toss out everything else in your closet! EGL is not the greatest for job interviews…but wear it to your next semi-formal party or (in moderation) first date.

To the under 18 crowd: Yes, many people will stare at you when you dress EGL. After all, chances are you’re not in Tokyo, and that’s even considered a bit odd in Tokyo anyway. Some of the people who will stare at you will want to see what’s under that super-frilly skirt. Unless it’s a loaded 9mm gun, make sure you actually know that they’re not the other kind of loli before you start to think/do silly things.

I’ll probably post a few casual-loli or EGL/EGA outfits up on here once the weather gets warmer. Is anyone into cosplay here? I’ve been “assigned” Noah Izumi from Patlabor this summer…and I need a parts list and major advice. x.x

posted over 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita

10 points - Become a fan

chicchica_bo...

OOOMG the_ed I wanna see your cosplay way bad. I’ve never had a chance to cosplay… i’m awful at it…i did some half-ass crappy ed elric in like…seventh grade… :’(

posted over 4 years ago

museworthy
Style_council
museworthy

I love it. I’ll probably never do it. But it’s adorable.

posted over 4 years ago

Barbiebones
New_user Barbiebones is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Barbiebones reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Barbiebones

Lolita here _

posted about 1 year ago

Dinolaura
Style_council
Dinolaura

I love it! I have a pair of sweet lolita boots… and some hair accessories.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION