Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
seventhbliss
Style_council
seventhbliss

i’m a bit shorter in height and i’m having some problem with my shots. can you share to me some tips for photography?

posted over 2 years ago
thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Always try to make the height of the camera right around your chest. It gives the most natural proportions. Anything from a lower angle, will give you the illusion of height, but it will elongate the bottom half and shorten the top half. Photos from above will shorten you, so avoid that.

You can always try different poses, maybe where you are sitting on a curb so you can’t really see how tall you are. Also doing shots from knees and up won’t show how tall you really are. Hope that helps! :)

posted over 2 years ago

Idhren
Style_council
Idhren

If you want to look taller, place the camera on the same height as your hips and stand with your back straight. I’ve had tons of comments about this previsouly as people couldn’t imagine I was actually a really short gal. :D

posted about 2 years ago

Miste
New_user Miste is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When Miste reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Miste

Your photographer’s style and lenses are also important factors.

posted about 2 years ago

karro
Style_council
karro

Wear heels for sure. And however, if you don’t wear them you can tiptoe. http://stylebykarro.blogspot.com/2012/04/todays-outfit.html this is how i tiptoe because i would love to be higher too.

Also it is also about the clothes which you choose. Long shirts and sweaters naturally makes you look shorter. you better wear high waist.

I have read a lot of articles about ‘hot to grow up taller’ but people admit that exercising only improves the straightness of body.

posted about 2 years ago

nikkidargy
Style_council
nikkidargy

Ask the photographer to crouch/sit while taking pictures. That should do the trick.

posted about 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

standing with your ankles crossed and your hands on your hips can make you look alittle taller and leaner:)

posted about 2 years ago

dreamystarlight
New_user dreamystarlight is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When dreamystarlight reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
dreamystarlight

You just set your camera at waist-length and angle it upwards. For posing, you just stand up straight and lean a little backwards. Elongate your neck and try not to scrunch up your arms or legs ’cause it could shorten your limbs instead of adding to the illusion of lengthier limbs.

I hope this helped! :)

posted about 2 years ago

ettikajewelry
Style_council
ettikajewelry

Well you can do one thing..Wear a long dress with a high heel..Than no one identify your height…If you wear a short dress with a high heel than your height will be clearly visible..I think you should try this once..May be it works..

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION