Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Goldcoatedapple
Style_council
Goldcoatedapple

Hey Guys and Girls.
Wondering if you can help me out?
I want to edit my photos as I hate the back grounds I use…the kitchen just don’t cut it! haha.

Is there any program anyone would recommend for editing photos?

posted about 4 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

The top-of-the-line image manipulating program is Adobe Photoshop, but it’s pretty pricey unless you illegally download it, so i would instead recommend a free online editor.
Aviary has an amazing list of free, online flash programs. Try their photo editor, Phoenix :)
hope that helps!

posted about 4 years ago

sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

photo mechanic

posted about 4 years ago

TheTowerSentry
Style_council
TheTowerSentry

Gimp is a photo editing program like photoshop, but free since it is an opensource program.

posted about 4 years ago

semiichaotic
Style_council
semiichaotic

I use Paint Shop Pro, and I absolutely love it. I’ve used Photoshop before, as well, and I find that PSP is a program that is equally amazing, but for a lot less that Adobe’s products.

posted about 4 years ago

thexfactor
New_user thexfactor is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When thexfactor reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
thexfactor

Gimp and (you wouldn’t believe) MS Paint..pretty handy for cropping and text fills….Gimp for the rest.

posted almost 4 years ago

ClemencePaddington
Style_council
ClemencePadd...

The Gimp , or Photofiltre , or AnalogColor ToyCamera (really cool)

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

im a photography minor and really the best thing out there is photoshop, but lightroom is a good (cheaper and more basic) editing software. And just a side note, for editing portraits use portrait professionals (its about $40 but it is absolutely amazing and easy to use)

Christaylor
New_user Christaylor is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When Christaylor reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Christaylor

One of the most important steps before you select the best photography programs is to look into the available photography classes that you will be taking.

posted over 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I should mention, if you’re a student your university might offer adobe products (photoshop, illustrator) for free, or at a ridiculous discount. I got the adobe suite and microsoft office free courtesy of my uni :)

posted about 3 years ago

nikkidargy
Style_council
nikkidargy

Adobe Lightroom 3 is a hassle free editing program and it makes batch processing easier. But if you want to gain more control of the editing, I think you should go with Adobe Photoshop instead. :D

posted about 3 years ago

SPfromZOISHOP
New_user SPfromZOISHOP is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When SPfromZOISHOP reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
SPfromZOISHOP

I usually switch off between Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom. Lightroom is more user friendly if you don’t have the time to learn Photoshop, but Photoshop has it’s definite pros in terms of “healing” any part of your photograph that can come in handy with fashion shots. You can also play around with layers, etc. If you just want something easy that’ll get the job done, I’d just go with Lightroom. You can download both for a 30 day trial on the Adobe website. If you do one at a time, it gives you two months of free use. And you can also compare which one you like best if you’re on a limited budged.

posted about 3 years ago

Teaserama
Style_council
Teaserama

Just Photoshop. I’ve read about professional’s opinions in mags and such, and they all say, it is worth it in the end to start off knowing little about Photoshop and working your way into knowing more and more, either by classes, reading tutorials/instructional pieces, or by practise. The best is to do all with practise for the fastest learning output sometimes. Photoshop is very universal for what people want to do, especially the CS series. I’ve been using Photoshop for nearly 6/7 years learning tricks and techniques and it’s been so worth it.

I personally would say to just download it. If you’re keen enough to pick out a good file, you’ll get a good program. The version of CS3 I have is one I’ve had for about 3/4 years and it’s perfectly fine. It’s a single .exe file and they left out extra tid bits that can make Photoshop lag on simpler computers, so the file is more efficient than even buying it.

Some people aren’t into downloading it, and that’s fine. But Photoshop is worth the money since it has so many abilities. There is also more how tos on Photoshop than any other program for photo editing, so you’ll find tons of resources of tools and information.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION