Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
kellbell87
Style_council
kellbell87

I’m taking a trip to Barcelona next month and I want to buy a new camera. Like a small DSLR type. Chictopians tend to take GOREOUS pics and I was wondering what kind of camera some of you use? I’m not trying to break the bank, but a good camera is a good investment.

posted almost 3 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

The big thing about DSLRs is that you can change lenses—and good lenses are expensive; because each lens is different, you’d probably end up taking more than one. It’s expensive and not as travel friendly.
Instead of getting a DLSR, I would suggest getting a higher-end point-and-shoot camera that allows manual control. You want as much versatility as you can in a small/affordable camera, so make sure the built-in lens is versatile (e.g. it can shoot wide angle, has a decent zoom, can do macro—all of these would be separate lenses for a DSLR)
Before I got a DSLR, I used a PowerShot S3 IS. I wouldn’t recommend it now, since it’s outdated (6 years old).

This one is super cheap, and has a 12x zoom (most have like 3x zoom)
This is much more expensive, but it has a 35x zoom.
This is cheaper, but I’ve only ever used Canon cameras.
More than anything you probably just want to document your experiences with a good-quality camera, right?

posted almost 3 years ago

tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I have a Canon EOS – and I love it! It’s pretty easy to use, and I would highly recommend it. Also – when I travel, I don’t want to worry about losing or breaking such a nice camera, so I always bring my digital camera – which is much cheaper – and my flipcam. Both total about 300 bucks – and are easily replaceable in case anything happens.

posted over 2 years ago

beautifulxdisaster
Style_council
beautifulxdi...

i currently have a crappy aiptek camera, but am planning on getting a samsung pl120 dual view camera in a month or so. it has 14 megapixels and an auto self portrait mode.

posted over 2 years ago

carlymaddox
Style_council
carlymaddox

A smaller camera that has some of the same features as a DSLR would be something like the Canon Powershot SX30. It is one of the better Point-and-shoots, and it would probably be good for traveling. If you’re looking for an actual DSLR, I would recommend the Canon EOS Rebel T1i, I use it and it is a wonderful camera. The kit lens that you can buy with The Canon EOS models is a decent lens, and it would be good for traveling. A cheaper DSLR I would recommend would be the Canon EOS Rebel XS. It is around $500 w/ kit and the T1i is around $750 w/ kit. Hope this helps!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION