Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

I want to buy and Tripod but am pretty clueless as I’ve never owned one. What features would you guys recommend? I’d like to get something as affordable as possible, but I’d definitely rather spend more the first time than buy the cheapest one and realize I would have been served better by a nicer one. I really want one that takes vertical pics, too.

posted over 1 year ago
robin77
Style_council
robin77

The Canon 300 will hold up to 4.4lb camera, 3-way tilt, 24"-62" height adjustable, under $50. Try B&H Photo in New York. I have purchased equipment from them and they are very good. Also check their “used” section. I have a Manfrotto tripod which is excellent, but 4x the price. What you get for more $$ are smoother adjustments, legs slide out easily (you don’t have to pull them out to telescope), all those things that get annoying if you are using it constantly. The Cannon does all that mine does (I think!) but at a fraction of the cost. If you don’t like it, B&H will take it back. Good luck!

posted over 1 year ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

Have you heard of the gorilla-pod? It’s a tripod with bendable legs so you can wrap.hang, and mount it on objects. It’s really cool. It may be a little too small if you have an SLR camera, but it works for smaller cameras.

posted over 1 year ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

If you are not planning to use any table tops, stools or a little furniture to help support a gorilla-pod or a table top pod— I recommend getting a tripod that can extend at least 40 inches. But if you don’t mind using elevated surfaces for a small tripod, I would simply just stick with a table top tripod. Gorilla pods are hard to use if you only prefer straight compositions.

The one I bought is a 50 inches 4-Section Tripod from Radioshack. I’m very content with it, and you can take pictures vertically. It’s not in stock for online, but I recommend you to just check in at your local Electronics/ Camera Accessories type of store. I bought this for about 25 bucks from my nearby Radioshack store.

Good luck hunting!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION