Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SkinniMini
Style_council
SkinniMini

Maybe its me, but it seems like everyone has a Nixon or Cannon (If there’s a difference lol) camera..how can everyone afford a $600 camera??
Does anyone have any alternatives for me? :(
:)

posted almost 3 years ago
jaceface
Style_council
jaceface

Theres only a technical difference, its like buying an oven :) haha
sure the more expensive one looks nicer and has all these buttons, settings and stuff but if your not the best cook it doesnt matter what oven you have :)

its the same princeaple. The camera is only as good as the photographer :) If your just starting out try one of these…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fujifilm-Finepix-S1700-Compact-Optical/dp/B0044ACCLM

I started out on one of these to do photoshoots with new models and you can’t tell that it’s not an SLR. Once you know your style and worked out the basics of photography and editing then get the expensive one you’ll get more use out of it :)

http://www.wix.com/jaceuk/jacemorgan

Hope this helps!

xx

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I agree with jaceface. A SLR will do more, but only if you know how to actually do it! A point and shoot works best in the AUTO mode and is good for anyone not really into photography but wants good pictures.

Honestly good photos are created by lenses, not the camera. You can have a standard SLR with a $5,000 lens and produce magnificent pictures. I’ve been wanting a DSLR for a long time so I actually found one on craigslist. The lady hadn’t been using it and it was brand new for the most part. Saved me about $250. :)

yepimyvonne
Style_council
yepimyvonne

I can relate to this, I had wanted a nice DSLR for a long time but prices generally don’t swing the right direction.

I have a cousin who is a freelance photographer and he recommended I buy a second hand older model off ebay – ofc being careful of what you buy and making sure you ask the seller every possible question before committing to buy!

So I bought a Nikon D50. It wasn’t anything special, second hand and was just the body of the camera, no lens for $300. I got 2 lenses as a gift so I guess I was lucky in that respect.

But a nice digital camera can do the same thing – its more about your environment and the way the camera handles that. Your best option after a decent digital camera (some nice sony ones can go for $200) is to edit your photos with photoshop. It takes some getting used to but eventually you’ll find they make a huge difference to the look and quality of your photos

REPLY TO DISCUSSION