Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
aribrielle
Style_council
aribrielle

I loooovvee photography and I really want a new camera, preferably a professional one:) Any suggestions???

posted over 3 years ago
andreamq
Style_council
andreamq

well, it depends on how much money you are able to spend on one..
but I recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-D3100-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6/dp/B003ZYF3LO/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1296791014&sr=8-13

Nikon is a great brand.. but you can find a Canon Rebel, also the Lumix have great prices and are beautiful!

make sure it is a Digital SLR with a standard lens which are always 18 -55 mm.
and the megapixels are important also! 10 MP is good but higher than that is the best!

I hope I have helped you! :S

posted over 3 years ago

aribrielle
Style_council
aribrielle

Ohmygosh thankyou! I’m gonna go look right now :D

posted over 3 years ago

ViniseW
New_user ViniseW is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When ViniseW reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
ViniseW

I’m also interested in a professional dslr. I think im going to get the new Nikon d3000 (i think thats the one). Check it out…sounds like an amazing camera. not the cheapest though.

I took a photography class in high school but I’m interested in taking an introductory course at my local college. Have you taken classes?

posted over 3 years ago

aribrielle
Style_council
aribrielle

No I haven’t. I reeally want to but I’m in AP art and can’t fit the pre-requisite for the photography class in my schedule:(
I might next year though if I can

posted over 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

Well I am a pro photographer and I am telling u u should chose a Canon or Nikon. And some other thing – the camera is not that important but the person behind it:)) Good luck with photography girl:))

posted over 3 years ago

ohlivia
Style_council
ohlivia

I bought myself the Nikon D60 two years ago and love it. It’s fairly easy to use and you can get it with a lens for about $600; I bought one telephoto and one wide-angle lens. I now am a professional photographer.

posted over 3 years ago

Farmgirlwrites
Style_council
Farmgirlwrites

I’ve been looking at getting a nicer camera as well, though it’ll be a bit before I can afford one. Thanks for the suggestions!

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I bought my Nikon D40 off Craigslist for $250 – kit lens included! I’ve since purchased the 50mm f/1.8 lens, which I absolutely love. I believe the newer version is Nikon D3000 – my friend has it and she loves it. My other friend has the Canon XTi, I believe, and he likes it.

If you plan on doing professional work, I’d recommend getting a more advanced one, but entry level ones should do the trick if you’re just messing around. You can always invest in lenses then keep them once you step up!

posted over 3 years ago

juju_noodle85
Style_council
juju_noodle85

I have a Sony a390 it’s awesome! And super easy to use. I totally recommend it. It’s also much more affordable than say a nikon or canon and I feel the quality is the same.

posted over 3 years ago

amandaphoto
New_user amandaphoto is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When amandaphoto reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
amandaphoto

As a professional photographer I can say that there are much more important things than megapixels. If you are printing at 300DPI it will not be much of an issue. The biggest things to consider are your glass and file size. Your glass is just as important as your camera. A kit lens of 18-55 is not going to cut it for portraits, unless of course you are using on camera flash and really do not understand how your camera works. I shoot Canon but both Canon and Nikon have great products. The Canon 7D is a great camera and you can shoot high def video. A good portrait lens under $500 is the Canon 50 1.4 or the 85 1.8. If you have more to spend then the 85 1.2 will set you back about 1800 but is well worth the cost if you are serious about photography. You can see my work at www.amanda-reed.com

posted over 3 years ago

Chiquitaydulce
Style_council
Chiquitaydulce

Buy a camara depending on your needs and budget. Nikon is a great brand, but is more for proffesional pictures. I have a Cannon Powershot S5 with a 12x zoom is a semi-proffesional camera and is excellent for beginners and the resolution is amazing. Also I have a Fujifilm finepix Xp10 that I use mostly for underwater pictures or when I don’t want to carry a heavy camera with me. No matter which camera you buy pay attention more to lens and how many X it has, example 10X, 11X, etc instead of looking for a camera with a lot MP, that doesn’t impact too much in the resolution of the picture.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION