Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

This was quite an interesting debate on IFB: how much is too much photo shop for blogger photos?

Do you use photo shop on your photos? I do. I use it sometimes to add lens flare if I want a cool sun effect. Or I’ll use it to clone stamp out a weird piece of hair or a bra strap. But I rarely use either of those.

I’ll adjust lighting and contrast in iPhoto.

So what do you think?

posted about 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I think for fashion bloggers, making the photo look more dramatic, within reason, is totally fine. I draw the line at photoshopping your own body though (hair stands aside lol); I remember a few years ago I stumbled on some famous asian blogger who openly admitted to photoshopping every single image of herself, and even showed ‘before and after’ (which was brave of her, I suppose). I think I also draw the line at bad photoshop—like, people over-abusing filters, or pretty much every single magazine ad for makeup products.

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

So long as it’s natural and it doesn’t make you look completely different, it’s fine.

I will photoshop my appearance. I have a skin condition which often leaves me with small blemishes on my chin so I sometimes remove those. I will also whiten my teeth because I am very self-conscious about them. Other than that, I keep my appearance exactly as is.

Of course, adding hearts and swirls and “Fashion 4 eva” is too much too!

posted about 2 years ago

KateSeverson
New_user KateSeverson is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KateSeverson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KateSeverson

I’m a minimalist when it comes to photoshop.

I like to challenge myself to be a better photographer and really try to find the best lighting as well as trying to get exactly what I want in my shot so I don’t have to do a lot of cropping, etc. I’ll adjust the levels a bit sometimes and if I want the color to pop a little more I have a pretty basic method of doing so, otherwise I try to leave the photos alone as much as I can. I don’t want to fake my photography; I want it to be real. My blog is about the lovely little things in life and there is beauty in imperfection.

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I agree with all of you!! Sometimes photo shop can only go so far; you need to have the eye to know a good photo when you see one. But even professional photographers photo shop to enrich color and contrast, so I think it’s okay to adjust levels on your photo if needed.

But changing face shape, nose size, and things like that are crazy to me! It would be like easy plastic surgery!

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION