Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thepigs
Style_council
thepigs

Sometimes when I’m taking a picture for Chictopia, I’ll run out of poses and the picture starts turning out awkward. What do you guys do?

posted over 1 year ago
vemerald
New_user vemerald is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When vemerald reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
vemerald

Errm you should just be yourself yh! Your poses should come naturally, and with the help of a good camera, you are gonna be good to go :)

posted over 1 year ago

gwynethbg
Style_council
gwynethbg

just move around and be natural… be fluid… try different angles with you face (e.g. looking slightly down, looking to the right, or straight on) and make sure your photographer is patient enough to take many shots. from there you probably will find at least one (out of the many) that looks great! <3

posted over 1 year ago

khensani
Style_council
khensani

When in doubt just thing WWRND (what would Rumi Neely do)? She pretty much started the posing-without-really-posing poses and she always manages to look cool and effortless.
Also walking shots look really good.

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Some of my favorite go-to poses: looking at my shoes pose and the looking away like I’m talking to someone pose. It helps to find a blogger that you really like and studying her poses. What I learned from watching America’s Next Top Model is that people actually have to practice posing. So try posing in front of the mirror and keep practicing!

posted over 1 year ago

Ashlie_Fay
Style_council
Ashlie_Fay

My poses get totally awkward sometimes!
I think it depends on my mood and location, sometimes i’m too cold to do a decent pose! haha.
Definitely think you should just take lots of photos and stick to a few varied poses that really work for you. I had to find my ‘best side’ and go from there because i’m not hugely photogenic!
Good luck taking pictures :) xx

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Ahhh man it’s so hard! I think it just takes a while to figure out which angles work best on you. Try looking different directions and walking around

posted over 1 year ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

I practice in front of a mirror and I look good but then when I go outside I forget what the poses were. I wish I had a big mirror to take outside as I think that would help.

posted over 1 year ago

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

I like going through the “New Photo’s” on Chictopia and getting inspiration from my fellow Chictopians! :)

posted over 1 year ago

thepigs
Style_council
thepigs

thanks for all the tips guys!

posted over 1 year ago

AbbigayleRashae
Style_council
AbbigayleRashae

Hello there! I sometimes get stuck in a rut too.
I usually just check out some other bloggers to see what they’re doing.

If you’d like, you can check my blog and see some of my poses!
I just posted a new outfit today, and all the photos were taken by me with a tripod and timer. I haven’t been out forever ’cause the weather has been awful!

Comment with your thoughts and follow along if you’d like(:
http://trueblueabbi.blogspot.com/

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION