Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
stellapnp
Style_council
stellapnp

I usually take my pictures by myself, especially the ones with movement. The problem is I have a not-so-expensive camera, and now money to buy a better one. I don’t have a tripod. My camera is very good for taking pictures in general, but for self-photography… well, it is dreadful!! The pictures always get all blurry and lighted. I have tried all the lighting programs etc. Anyway, is there something I can do to make my pictures more professional?

posted almost 3 years ago
PowderedPeach
Style_council
PowderedPeach

Well….tripods are extremely helpful for self-photography. In general though it depend on where you are taking your pictures. I am a new member and have yet to put up any photos, but i would be doing mine by myself. I spend a lot of time taking pictures, so I am going to tell you what I plan on doing, minus the tripod.

Use a long mirror or something to determine where your pose will reference to your background so that you can set your camera up at the right angle and also so that it gets all of you. Then you will need to set you camera on auto focus, multi-shot, and self timer. Self timer so you don’t have to be right infront of the camera. Multi-shot so you can move around and get multiple pictures. Most photoshoots consist of at least 100 frames with hope that a few are amazing. Lastly auto focus so that it isn’t blurry. Now this may help you a little, but honestly you have to test out your camera to figure out what produces the best shot. I really hope this helps you a little.

stellapnp
Style_council
stellapnp

That helped me, thank you very much!!:)

ninnda
Style_council
ninnda

Hy stella!!
I have same problem with you!
what am I doing to get nicely photographs actually with a lil help from my friends, everytime I’m going to somewhere, I always asked them to took my outfit photos.
and If you still want to photograph by yourself, try to use chair/desk to put up your camera.
I dont know it helps or not, try to took photos in the outdoor, will be so great with the lighting :)
and the photoshop really help! oh dont try to blur the background, it just make the photo unpro, I’ve tried to blur backgrounds but it looks unpro.
Good luck dear!
if you have any advice about this topic, let me know!
xo

pandippo
Style_council
pandippo

tripod and a remote are your best friends! a remote is not too expensive and if you set a 2second delay it’ll give you enough time to get in position.

stellapnp
Style_council
stellapnp

Thank you very much!! So does a tripod help me more than just set the camera on a table or on a wall? And will it work for every camera model?

Sisseroland
Style_council
Sisseroland

With the tripod you have the option to place the camera at a certain height, or angle the camera up or down to make cool new perspectives. I don’t think that any tripod will work with any camera, but on the bottom of your camera there should be a small screw shaped hole, which should be used for placing it on the tripod. So you need to find a tripod which fits there :)
Hope this helps! But Stella, you take amazing shots already, maybe you dont even need the tripod ;)

stellapnp
Style_council
stellapnp

Thank you very much for your nice words!! Thank you also for the details!! However, I take many more which I don’t like:(

karliSTEPHENSON
Style_council
karliSTEPHENSON

I’d HIGHLY suggest you to use a tripod and mirror to see the display on the camera so you’d know how you look like in the frame. Cheerios. <3

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I used a tripod before I conned my husband into taking all my photos. :P But the tripod works for the most part.

If you want better lighting, here are some photog tips: cloudy days are the best because the light is diffused. It’s not as harsh and doesn’t exacerbate the colors. So either try to get in the shade or take lots of photos on a cloudy day. You can adjust the ISO on the camera which will help with the amount of light that gets let into your shutter. Use a higher ISO if it’s dark and a lesser ISO if it’s very bright. But know that the higher ISO will also let in more noise and grain to your picture, so play around with it. And always try to take your photos when the sun is low in the sky. An hour after sunrise or an hour before sunset. The lower sun brings out the most natural looking light and will help make the colors in your photo truer. Hope this all helps! :)

DistrictOfLights
Style_council
DistrictOfLi...

I usually use a tripod. But before I got the Canon T3i with a flip screen, I put the tripod in front of a mirror. Also, try using a remote or putting it on timer! :) Hope this helped

posted over 2 years ago

JoyceJowers
Style_council
JoyceJowers

I have a tripod, and then I just set the self timer. Then I pick my favourites and edit them :) Editing can do wonders for a picture :) Best of luck!

posted over 2 years ago

AlexandraB
Style_council
AlexandraB

I usually set my camera on a desk or something and just put the timer on. I need to get a tripod ;and I’ve got a question: I know is kinda off-topic, but I’ve got Fujifilm FinePix S5700 , since I’m not an expert, could anyone tell me if this camera is good enaugh?

posted over 2 years ago

diningonstyle
Style_council
diningonstyle

Some tripods are really cheap! Got mine for $15. Obviously it’s not going to be made of steel but for us starting out it’s super helpful! :) Once you have enough money, invest in a cheap remote shutter. Natural lighting is the most flattering and also practice! :D Good luck!

posted over 2 years ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Plus, if you can’t obtain a mirror when you are in an outdoor or public environment, I would just study the frame from my digital camera for a few seconds and then determine where I should stand enough to follow the rule of thirds for my photos. :D

posted over 2 years ago

caitiecross
New_user caitiecross is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When caitiecross reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
caitiecross

If you don’t want to spend any money on a tripod I suggest bringing a friend along to take the pictures for you, but other than that a tripod would yes, be a good investment for you. And you should definitely check out the settings on your camera, and try shooting pictures when it’s not so sunny out either.

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION