Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

I was wondering if anyone knew how to edit photos to give them that “vintage” look that looks similar to the quality of a polaroid picture?

Ainsworth did a photo like this: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/411887-Les+Freres+Ainsworth+-+MARIONR-beauty-old-converse-bag-noir-vintage-jacket-belt

Thanks if anyone can help!

posted over 3 years ago
playingwithfire
Style_icon
playingwithfire

Not sure about polaroid style (well you can purchase a photoshop add on for that), but to make pics more vintagy you can try downloading a free preset for Lightroom or you play around with filters and curves in photoshop. I find that yellow and orange filters tend to do best in achieving the vintage look.

posted over 3 years ago

roanjean
Style_council
roanjean

I use GIMP which is the same as Photoshop. And I agree with playingwithfire, just play around with curves and channels to achieve that “old photo” atmosphere in your photos.

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

If you’re trying to take the easy way out, I have a program on my computer called “Poladroid”… it pretty much turns your photos into digital polaroids. However, since it transforms square images, it crops your photos, so I’d recommend adding however many pixels to each side of your image to make it square.

posted over 3 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Photoshop and there’s apps for iPod Touch (iPad, iPhone) that give effects to your pictures like that.

posted over 3 years ago

Ninsy
Style_council
Ninsy

you can use photo filler in adobe Photoshop :)

posted over 3 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I use GIMP at the moment, you can download some interesting ‘scripts’ for free, you install them onto the program and you can fiddle around with them to create some interesting effects, here’s a link to some: http://sites.google.com/site/elsamuko/gimp

posted over 3 years ago

ohlivia
Style_council
ohlivia

Photoshop all the way… there’s tons of free actions out there.

posted over 3 years ago

PaulIacoletti
New_user PaulIacoletti is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When PaulIacoletti reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
PaulIacoletti

if you have photoshop, give this tutorial a try:
http://veerle-v2.duoh.com/blog/comments/photoshop_vintage_effect/

you may need to adjust a few of the settings for your needs, but i’ve gotten pretty good results by following this

posted over 3 years ago

FallingFruits
New_user FallingFruits is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When FallingFruits reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
FallingFruits

If you have an iphone download Instagram. It’s free and you get the best vintage filters!

posted over 3 years ago

SFStreetStyle
Style_council
SFStreetStyle

I’ve found some really cool “actions” that you can download from deviant art, you open them up in photoshop and it’s all pre-made, so when you click the play button it automatically adds all of the layers saved to create a vintage look!

posted over 3 years ago

thiswouldbeher
Style_council
thiswouldbeher

alright here’s a website where you dont need to download: picnik.com

all you need to do is click “get started” , then “download picture”(but to the website, so you can edit it)
and then start messing around with effects under the “creation” tab
when you’re finished you just click the tab that says “save and share” and then save it to you’re computer.

i really like it because you dont have to make an account if you dont want to :)
and the features are pretty simple<3

posted over 3 years ago

dressmemag
Style_council
dressmemag

google poladroid it is an application that you dl and you put it on your dock and you can drag photos in and it will give you polaroid snapshots. If you do not want the white boarders and you do not have photoshop you can open them up in preview and with the select tool, just as you would with the marquee tool in photoshop, create a square and then crop. After if you would like, you can adjust the hue and saturation under one of the drop down menus on the top bar of your screen.

posted over 3 years ago

allie23
New_user allie23 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When allie23 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
allie23

if you have an android phone, (trust me it looks absolutley amazing) use Vignnete Demo; it’s free, or you can buy the full version. i use it all the time & i love it.

posted over 3 years ago

teribi
Style_council
teribi

go to google search, type this to the search url: vintage fashion photography tutorial, i got loads of sites that teach techniques to give your photo that vintage dreamy effect and it’s super easy, especially if you heart photoshop

posted over 3 years ago

nancyleigh
Style_council
nancyleigh

I use filters in Photoshop. Super easy and quick! Also, textures and frames are a fun way to add a pro look to your photos. Check out this Flickr group:

Frames & Borders]

posted over 3 years ago

Mariavia
Style_council
Mariavia

i use photoscape
there are quite few choices with only one click
try download it!

posted over 3 years ago

Pattita
Style_council
Pattita

Adobe Photoshop. Just play with the hue/saturation and then adjust the brightness and contrast of the colors.

posted over 3 years ago

Fashion27
Style_council
Fashion27

photoscape!

posted over 3 years ago

thexfactor
New_user thexfactor is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When thexfactor reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
thexfactor

Sepia filters….and some tiny amount of noise…plus a reduction in exposure (sometimes)…also try monochroming the photo

posted about 3 years ago

ClemencePaddington
Style_council
ClemencePadd...

May be with Analog Toygame ;)

posted about 3 years ago

EllePhoto
Style_icon
EllePhoto

Using color curves in photoshop, put magenta and yellow into the highlights, green into the mids, and red and blue (to make a purple-y color) into the shadows. Also, over expose the image a little bit and make sure that your shadows are lightened quite a bit.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

there are tons of hipster apps, you could just use instagram. or google photoshop presets.

play around and superimpose different effects on the same image. you can use curves or variations, brightness/contrast (less contrast, brighter), a light color gradient overlay, some fake vignetting, chromatic aberration, etc.

posted over 2 years ago

honeyy
Style_council
honeyy

Photoshop anytime!

posted about 2 years ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

I use Lightroom.

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION