Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tjacob101
Style_council
tjacob101

How do you get a vintage shot without photoshop, please help, need it for wedding

posted almost 2 years ago
canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

Usually vintage shots have that black frame around it and an iridescent soft light to it. Try putting some sort of frame around your lens to have that border. To get a soft light, shoot the pics when the sun is setting. Make sure the sun is behind the person and then try to get rays of it shining in from a corner. The sunlight to should cover the whole entire person is that glow.

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

You can try to add vintage objects and do cute poses!

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Do you have any sunglasses with warm-tinted lenses that you don’t use? What I’ve done is that I used a brown tinted lense and put them over my camera lenses to give that vintage feeling without photo editing.

Also. most camera these days tends to have filters in them— like B&W, and Sepia.

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Instagram or fotor!

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

If you don’t have photoshop, colored lenses and a hood cap to vignette will be your best bet. I know there are many programs online though that will help you with color curves to get that vintage look to the photos. Do you have a Mac? If you do, when you upload your photos to iPhoto, click on the edit button and then filters. It will bring up different tones like B&W, sepia, and you can boost or lighten the color to get the shade you want. You can also add soft focus to blur the edges too.

ThatCleverRedhead
Style_council
ThatCleverRe...

Since you don’t have photoshop, a good online free editor that will give you most of the options as Photoshop is Pixlr Photo Editor

Just a head up.

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Use filters with your camera, or edit the settings in your SLR. :)

Fixedstars
Style_council
Fixedstars

Also try getting into film, it can produce a realistic vintage output if you use some of the above techniques.

cgmanansala
Style_council
cgmanansala

Film of course.

But if you want more vintage discoloration for digital, try offsetting the white balance to warmer tones. You can really get some interesting stuff!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION