Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Garza_Steph
Style_council
Garza_Steph

Hey guys! Well, I’m fairly new to blogging and I’m in need of some good advice or tips! I thought my camera was a good enough quality but recently, comparing my picture quality to others, I’ve noticed they’re very grainy, not focused enough, not sharp enough. I have a digital Samsung SH100, I know it’s not top of the line but I thought it would be good enough :( lol. Any good cameras I could check out, my limit is about $400..please help!

posted about 8 years ago
Radasbro
Style_council
Radasbro

I’m in the same position as you! I’ve been using a lower line canon but I don’t think the focus is very accurate. I’d love to get a Canon EOS t2i if anyone has any recommendations or reviews for canon?

posted about 8 years ago

Garza_Steph
Style_council
Garza_Steph

What a hassle huh? Well hopefully someone with canon expertise will comment on this to help us out. I would help you out myself if I had knowledge of them, but I have no clue :( lol

posted about 8 years ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

With $400 you can get a real good quality Canon camera! Canon is my go to brand when it comes for cameras. My top choice for canon cameras would be:

Canon PowerShot SX230HS

and

Canon G12

I have tried both cameras and they always produce high quality pictures!

posted about 8 years ago

Garza_Steph
Style_council
Garza_Steph

Wow both look like awesome cameras! Do you think a dslr camera is necessary for high quality pictures? Or can you get the same quality with a digital camera? I really like the first option!

posted about 8 years ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

Both of these cameras offer high quality images, (in my opinion they produce images that are in the same class as dslr cameras)! Unless you are really interested in photograhy, I dont think you really need an DSLR. I found this site that compares the G12 and the Powershot. I hope that helps somehow. I wish I could get a new camera sometime soon. Lol

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

you definitely don’t need a DSLR to get great photos. only great lenses produce crisp, stunning photos (i.e. the kit lenses aren’t great). considering most lenses are at LEAST $200 on their own (with few exceptions), it’s probably not something you want or need. I have a T2i, and I’m actually very disappointed with all my equipment—it’s almost like canon is making their low-end products more inferior every generation. I had older equipment that I bought like 6 years back and regrettably sold, but I don’t even want to begin that rant.

the camera I had before my DSLRs was a powershot s2is, which was $300 when I bought it. the built-in lenses with these “pro” cameras are SUPER versatile, allowing for both extreme macro and wide angle. the quality is great, esp. for the price.

the most recent equivalent of that camera is probably this one which is $400. the reviews are great and the photos are stunning. alternatively, this one is only $130 and pretty great for the price :) hope you find what you’re looking for!

posted almost 8 years ago

Garza_Steph
Style_council
Garza_Steph

Wow thank you so much for the links! I’m leaning towards not getting a dslr it might not be for me just because all I want the camera for is blog pics! Perhaps I will try to work a little more w/ the one I have and see if tutorials can help me with picture quality. if not I’m gonna have to go with one of these options!:) thank you all so much

posted almost 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password