Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
diningonstyle
Style_council
diningonstyle

This may be a silly question but I have a Sigma 30mm F1.4 lens, would I be able to use it on the Canon Rebel T3? I’m thinking of purchasing that camera since my Canon Rebel XS zonked out on me (*le sigh). Anyone have the Rebel T3? Thoughts? Any suggestions are great as well. Looking for a camera that I can use for low lighting, outdoor pics, portraits,once in awhile videos, and under the $600 mark. Thanks!

posted almost 2 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

different DSLR brands have different mounts, but if you used the 1.4mm on a canon, it will definitely fit any canon dslr.

whether you get a T2i, T3, T3i, etc, there won’t be much difference in image quality—that’s really all about the lens you use. unless you’re a pro you probably won’t notice any functional difference between entry-level DSLRs aside from obvious structural changes. just make sure you get accessories that can handle the full capacity of the camera, like a memory card with a high write speed. I shoot with a T2i :)

diningonstyle
Style_council
diningonstyle

@tightsandtea… and how important is the auto sensor cleaning as well? the T3 doesnt have it so i don’t know if that’s a big issues or not. to me, what matters is the price of the camera, video capability (nothing extreme) and smooth transition from the Rebel XS. lolll

eboneeshanay
Style_council
eboneeshanay

Your sigma lens will work with a canon if it’s made for canon (ex. sigma for nikon, sigma for canon). I have a Canon T1i and I do both photos and video on it. It was very inexpensive too. The camera body isn’t going to determine how well it shoots at night or indoors, the lens is what determines that. The smaller the f.stop the more light you’ll let in.
But for the most part look at the different camera bodies Canon has, and check out forums on sites like cnet to see what people say. I got my T1i because I needed a camera that could do HD video. A lot of the reviews for that were very positive.
Hope this helps!

diningonstyle
Style_council
diningonstyle

thanks eboneeshanay! i’m actually looking into T3 since it’s still entry level and I’m still learning and don’t need all the fancy capabilities. What’s really the major factors of what people look for in a camera?? LOL…

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

@eneen I’ve never used a dslr without auto-sensor cleaning, and I’ve never really encountered any problems with dust on my images. I don’t think it’s a dealbreaker, but that’s totally up to you.

just FYI—the video feature on anything below a T4i is pretty much limited to manual focus, unless your subjects are still—the autofocus is slow and noisy. that’s fine for artsy videos, but if you want to take videos with friends or something, it can get annoying.

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Depends, Canon lenses are quite expensive, and you can always try Tamron over Sigma :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION