Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tenthousandoutfits
Style_council
tenthousando...

It’s so hard to capture a perfect floating shot!

posted almost 2 years ago
rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

I tried, but it`s difficult!

ohmylittlegirl
Style_council
ohmylittlegirl

I have! The trick is to relax all your muscles and just jump. It’s harder than it sounds, but the photos are so rewarding! Here’s a couple of looks where I do it: here and here :)

pupuren
Style_council
pupuren

I have, and it’s always so fun!
My favourite levitation shots are from this blog post of mine
If your camera has the ability for burst/multiple shots, it’s a good way to ensure that you have at least one photo of you in the air too.

canyoupasstheglitter
Style_council
canyoupassth...

It’s really hard and I always laugh at myself at the resulting photos. But the trick is to look graceful and also try to hold your jump. Also make sure your camera has autofocus and could take multiples snapshots at once.

kelseykelsey
Style_council
kelseykelsey

@renr & @littleforest:
You guys pull it so well, oh my gosh! Teach us your ways hahah :P or maybe being a cute asian girl is a requirement?

oanaoana11
Style_council
oanaoana11

No, but i will, as soon as the weather becomes warmer :D

posted over 1 year ago

thepigs
Style_council
thepigs

i’ve actually never thought of a levitation shot but it seems really cool ^^

posted over 1 year ago

Melipeach
Style_council
Melipeach

Yes. It’s a little scary at first (depending on pose), but a lot of fun.

posted over 1 year ago

RobertMao
New_user RobertMao is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When RobertMao reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
RobertMao

Like levitation tricks? We built an iPhone app to let anyone be able to create awesome levitation photography with just an iPhone, no Photoshop or professional DSLR required! It’s in appstore now. https://itunes.apple.com/app/id639426500

posted about 1 year ago

MicolPiovosi
Style_council
MicolPiovosi

I’ve tried a couple of days ago, you can see some here (last pics of the album)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.482914781736536.120877.482729161755098&type=3

but you know what? It’s way easier to rely on photoshop instead of jumping. The trick is simple, trust me, if you follow the steps:

1)use a tripod, study the light, set the camera
2)take a picture of the background
3)take a second picture, without moving the camera, with you in your “levitation” pose with the same background of the first pic. You don’t need to jump. Just use some objects (such as books, or even a stool or chair) where you will sit or lay
4) download the pics on your computer and put them as 2 different layers on the same document on photoshop
5)create a mask on the second picture
6) use the brush (set it on normal, play with the opacity, use black and no other colors) and simply paint the object you where sitting on, in order to make it disappear. MAGIC! instead of the books or chair or whatever, you will see the background!!

Yes, if you are not into photoshop, this will sound crazy, but just have a look at some good tutorials on you tube (look for "levitation photography tutorial) and you’ll create amazing pictures!

Good luck ;)

posted 11 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION