Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I’ve always loved Chictopia over other fashion sites because it seems Chictopia focuses more on style than it does on the quality of a photo. I mean, eye pleasing photos are always fun to look at, but do you think it makes the style of that person better? I’ve seen poorer quality photos with people who have fantastic style. What do you think?

posted over 2 years ago
imalyssamarie
Style_council
imalyssamarie

That’s a great question. Honestly, for me, I don’t think it makes a difference on how I view the outfit. It will catch my attention, though.

posted over 2 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

I absolutely agree! The poor quality of some photos does not mean the outfit itself is bad, it’s just that we can’t all really get photo shoots, some people don’t have time or can’t afford a nice, expensive camera. That’s why I always focus on the style of each person ^^

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Personally, I agree completely! Although professional looking, high quality photos are wonderful and fun to look at, I certainly don’t think someone’s style or blog should be outright dismissed because their photographs aren’t necessarily of the same caliber. It should be all about style!

On the business side of things, though, I can understand why bloggers with professional quality images tend to be the most successful ones: companies are looking for professionals to promote their image – they do (and should) have high standards for the bloggers they work with. They want their products to look good, after all.

This is somewhat unfortunate, because it means that a lot of bloggers with truly fantastic style are left out.

Chictopia is great because it provides a forum where everyone can showcase their style, regardless of how expensive their camera is. You will notice, though, that most of the images that make into the Style Gallery are high quality shots. Style always comes first, but presentation is almost as important!

posted over 2 years ago

yepimyvonne
Style_council
yepimyvonne

It is really true, although because of the nature of all of these fashion sites having nice photos helps. We rely a LOT on visual stimuli after all.

Though having said that, there are so many users I’ve found here with fantastic style – I try all the time to look past photo quality and just focus on the style. There’s so much diversity here :)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION