Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
bubblegum93
Style_council
bubblegum93

I need a new camera. I’d prefer either a lumix or canon under$500. Any advice?

posted over 3 years ago
thiswouldbeher
Style_council
thiswouldbeher

i would DEFINITELY suggest a canon under the G-series.
reason being:

-small
-they dont make loud noises(great when you wannu take pictures of shy people, babies, animals, insescts, or when you wannu be undercover;)
-its exactly $500 (i have a G11 and i got it right before it got kicked out for the G12[HD vid.] and so i got mines for $400)
-the display screen flips out
-it has,i think, ALL of the features a regular SLR camera does but in digital.thus making it a DSLR (with out the extra lens buying and switching around[another plus])
-considering it has all of those features, its great for those who work with cameras a lot and want a small quiet camera AND its great with ametuer photographers(like me) who are learning.where in which case you can learn everything with it or use the auto settings (i love using both randomly:)
-and you can get it quickly at best buy

all my photographer friends say they are jealous haha :) because i got a nicer camera than theirs for much less money. i definitely recommend a camera in the G series with canon. to both knowledged and ametuer photographers<3>

*sorry, my mistake. catherinee is right,the camera isn’t a DSLR.
shows that i really am still learning

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

If you’re shelling out $500 for a camera, I’d recommend getting a DSLR unless you’re concerned about the bulk of a larger camera. Though probably an above average point-and-shoot, the camera thiswouldbeher described isn’t a DSLR. Interchangeable lenses are actually nice – you get a standard kit lens if you buy a package, and they tend to be pretty decent.

However, Canon tends to be the more expensive of the entry-level DSLRs, and I know nothing about Lumix. I do know that you can buy a Nikon D3000 kit for $500, though.

posted over 3 years ago

SFStreetStyle
Style_council
SFStreetStyle

I would recommend the Canon G-series as well, simply because to me, it’s the same thing as buying a DSLR that costs 500. It’s more compact, the resolution is great, and the only difference is you don’t switch out lenses with it like you would witha DSLR. Good luck on your purchase!

posted over 3 years ago

miyukisarah
Style_council
miyukisarah

Get one of the rebels. They’re really good cameras.

Adorama.com will give you the best prices and selection. Good luck!

posted over 3 years ago

miyukisarah
Style_council
miyukisarah

Get one of the rebels. They’re really good cameras.

Adorama.com will give you the best prices and selection. Good luck!

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION