Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I love seeing street style photos where the blogger looks all clear and crisp in the foreground but the background is all blurry. I can’t figure out how to get that. All I know is that I have to use a lower number for the aperture to modify that depth of field. Can someone help?

posted almost 2 years ago
flockingowls
Style_council
flockingowls

Yes! The lower you set your aperture, the blurrier the background would be. I have a canon rebel TSI, and I love to get that look with my macro lens. Some lenses have lower aperture settings than others, which really makes a difference. I think my macro lens goes down to 1.8 and my other lens only goes down to like 2.5 or something like that. I use it a lot on my blog, so if you want to see what it looks like with the aperture set to 1.8 you can look here

www.flockingowls.com

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Wow, that’s very helpful. Thank you flockingowls!

gwynethbg
Style_council
gwynethbg

Wow that sounds all technical! Can u et that effect with just an iphone? If so.. How?

posted over 1 year ago

midnightsun_
Style_council
midnightsun_

You can also use photoshop to blur backgrounds if you don’t have a fancy camera. I’m sure there’s plenty of tutorials on the web to show you.

posted over 1 year ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Have you tried Pixlr.com? I use that site to edit all my photos cuz it’s free and has a lot of features. In Pixlr Express they have a focal blur tool under the Adjustments tab. It does pretty much what you’re talking about.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION