SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Pets

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

Do you think its too much or much too cute?

posted over 2 years ago
Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

Personally, I don’t like it. If you have a small pet that gets cold and you put them in a sweater or something, that’s okay. But painting their nails or dressing them in weird costumes is just cruel in my opinion. It’s making a spectacle of something that can’t otherwise say or do anything about it.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I think it’s hilarious! Especially when someone puts a sweater on a pomeranian. They have so much fur, why would they need a sweater? I think it’s ridiculous in the best sort of way. I have a little hooded sweatshirt for my dog. It even has a pocket on the front. Why would a dog need a pocket?? Makes me laugh every time.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

@barepepperrmint When my sisters and I were younger we used to paint our chicken’s claws. We did it for 2 reasons.1. Because we COULD and 2. Because, again, it was hilarious!

posted over 2 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

@catiekat i have a little pomeranian and i do dress him up only in winter. Even with so much fur, it’s so cold outside that it’s cruel for him to not put him in a clothing item (this year we had -30°C, even i was shivering in my winter coat!).
I know this isn’t in the “dressing-up” category but I think dyeing an animal’s fur is ridiculous and bad for the animal!

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

Unless it’s uncomfortable for the animal, I think it’s cute. But unless it’s halloween, only small dogs can get away with being dressed up on a regular basis.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

@roxx I totally agree with putting sweaters on them when it’s cold out. -30 is SO COLD!! Poor doggies and humans! When it’s that cold, do you put little booties on him too?

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I’m with you ladies, in that putting a sweater on small dogs when it’s cold is acceptable. But dressing them up just to dress them up? Poor pups!

posted over 2 years ago

AmandaPhenomenon
Style_council
AmandaPhenom...

I think as long as the pet doesn’t show any signs of discomfort then it is perfectly fine to dress it up.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i agree,whenever i try to put even a little bow on my dog to get her hair out of her eyes she rips it off. I don’t think any animals want to be dressed up!

posted over 2 years ago

kiki_sandoval
Style_council
kiki_sandoval

I love dressing up little dogs they look so cute and i think they like the attention

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

dress animals much too cute !

posted over 2 years ago

thelittleantlers
Style_council
thelittleant...

If its for their own health, like if a little dog with not much fur at winter time needs a dog coat when it goes outside then yeah.. but bows and dresses for them to look “cute” :/ not so much.

I once watched a show where two dogs got married.. all dressed up in dresses and suits ?! :| ridiculous!

posted over 2 years ago

hannahbird
Style_council
hannahbird

I think it’s okay, as long as it doesn’t bother or hurt your pet. If they don’t like it then it seems a bit cruel. My boyfriend and I have dressed our dog up for Halloween a couple of times and she doesn’t seem to mind. But we certainly wouldn’t do it every day.

posted about 2 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

leave it for Halloween. it’s attention-seeking and weird if you do it for everyday. like those people who throw legitimate pet birthday parties. If you’re dressing your pets everyday like people you should probably just have real children at that point…haha

posted about 2 years ago

RalucaMaria
Style_council
RalucaMaria

think it’s hilarious! Especially when someone puts a sweater on a pomeranian. They have so much fur, why would they need a sweater? I think it’s ridiculous in the best sort of way. I have a little hooded sweatshirt for my dog. It even has a pocket on the front. Why would a dog need a pocket?? Makes me laugh every time.

posted about 2 years ago

starsandstitches
Style_council
starsandstit...

I love dressing up my puppies. I think they look way cuter with clothes on. <3

posted about 2 years ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

come on, in winter, in most areas where there’s snow its cruel not to dress the dogs up, no matter their size. maybe some dogs like it more not to wear clothes, like the ones used to it by nature, but otherwise..

on a daily basis.. its rather silly. maybe some hair clips are ok, if the fur is too long…

posted about 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

if it’s freezing cold and the poor pet gets his feet hurt, it’s not hilarious to put some “socks” on it. but dressing up a dog or a cat is a bit weird.

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Way, way, way too much!

posted about 2 years ago

BrunetteJJ
Style_council
BrunetteJJ

i let my cats wear nothing actually because most of them were accustomed to be strays or having no colllar.

posted about 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

too much.

posted about 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

too much

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION