SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Pets

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
playingwithfire
Style_icon
playingwithfire

What do you do when your asked to pet sit your friend’s unruly pet? How do you say no?

posted over 3 years ago
HelenZ
Style_council
HelenZ

It’s a little easier for me because I already have a pet. I usually say something like: Mango(my cat) doesn’t get along with [type of pet my friend has].

posted over 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

Well if I have to go to this friend’s place – it’s ok. But if I have to take the pet home I say NO ‘cause my dog doesn’t get along with other animals that are at my home:). <3

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Are you being asked to take the pet into your own home, or will you go over to their place? If you’re taking it in, you could maybe say that your apartment/landlord doesn’t allow pets, or if you live with a roommate or relative say that they are allergic or uncomfortable with animals.

You could also use your schedule as an excuse. Like, “I’m really busy this week/weekend and I worry I won’t be able to keep up with regular feeding, letting them outside, etc.” Your friend won’t want to live their pet in the hands of someone who can’t be responsible about their care, even if they don’t mean to be.

A note: If you can find someone else who is willing to pet-sit in your place— “I can’t do it, but I talked to [other friend] and they’d be interested!”— it will be easier to turn it down.

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Oh this is tricky!
My sister makes me sit her 2 cats that she brings in and i hate them! they get sick all over and are annoying all around…
Now i just tell her point blank i won’t do it. The cleaners bill gets too high lol.

So honesty might just be the best option here. Usually people won’t make you take their beloved pet if you tell them point blank you don’t like it.

posted over 3 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

ohh i love animals so id do it!

posted over 3 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

if it was a dog i’d probably work in some dog whisperer training while i sit them. other animals ahhhh i dont know lol

posted over 3 years ago

miyukisarah
Style_council
miyukisarah

I would say yes and train the thing!

posted over 3 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

say u’re alergic

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION