SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Pets

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

Would you ever adopt a pure bred cat? I love Maru and he’s a Scottish Fold. My friend has a Ragdoll and he’s a darling too. But something about adopting a pure bred versus getting one from the shelter bothers my boyfriend. He says we should rescue animals in need instead supporting breeders who breed animals for a profit. What are your thoughts?

posted over 3 years ago
Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

Your cat is so sweet I love him!

I have to say that I have had pure bred cats and dogs but now I have a cat I saved from the street and a dog that is a mix between Huskey and German Shepard. The owners of my dog’s mom where going to throw my baby at the street:( But now she is the happyest dog ever! <3>t see any reasons of buying a pet!

posted over 3 years ago

hotlikemexico
Style_council
hotlikemexico

i rather rescue animals who deserve a second chance for love.

posted over 3 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i agree, rescue all the way. Unless you plan on showing the cat, I wouldn’t go purebred. these animals need love! ‘sides, a cute lil lopsided street kitty’s a lil more entertaining to have around anyways.

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I’d definitely rather rescue. I’ve never had a pure bred cat, so I don’t really know any difference. I’ve had three golden retrievers, but that was mostly my parents’ choice. I loved them all, but I wouldn’t have minded a mutt :)

posted over 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

i would rather go rescue because with purebred cats you sometimes get ones that are a little retarded or have OCD issues. But if you are going to adopt, get the cat when it is between 3 and 6 weeks old no older otherwise it may have developed sub-trait preferences and do weird things that it will never grow out of, which can be very annoying and frustrating! xp

posted over 3 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

nope, i love all cats, but there’s way too many feral ones to keep breeding more… is just selfish

posted over 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

I rescued my cat Priscilla she is a Persian she was 5 which was old for breeding. She was just for breeding before I got her from the breeders nephew. She is the best cat!

posted over 2 years ago

BrunetteJJ
Style_council
BrunetteJJ

almost every cat that i have are strays and honestly a cat is a cat.

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION