SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Pets

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I have been waiting to get my dog some ice cream because the weather has been so hot but I cant find a place. Does anyone know of a nation wide pet store that offers ice cream for dogs or a website where I can order some. Even some cookies for dogs would be nice. I feel so bad while we eat dessert and Diamond&Ruby, my two dogs, just sit there and pant.

posted about 3 years ago
tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

do your dogs like ice cubes? I’ve heard of people putting various things in ice cube trays and freezing them, like chicken broth. here’s a recipe with yogurt, bananas, peanut butter, and honey. or you could probably just chop up bananas—it’d probably be easier and cheaper to make your own treats, plus you can trust the ingredients. mine doesn’t like anything frozen though lol
this brand has frozen dog treats, you could do a search to see if they carry them in a store near you?
btw, my local petco has a small freezer devoted to dog ice cream, so you can check if yours does too.

posted about 3 years ago

wowsticker
New_user wowsticker is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When wowsticker reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
wowsticker

actually sweet stuff are not good for dogs… better not to give them

posted about 3 years ago

Bobunny
Style_council
Bobunny

My dogs like ice chips.

posted about 3 years ago

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

I didn’t even know there was such a thing.
my dog likes ice cubes, I think. Well, he eats them when I give one to him.

posted about 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Ice cubes are great! Dogs don’t have as keen of taste as humans do… granted, their sense of smell makes up for it, but I wouldn’t be too stressed about finding ice cream. Something cool should do the trick just fine!

posted about 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

Well… actually you can give your dog some ice cream. They don’t have trouble with sugar but if you start overfeeding it with sweet stuff it may get diabetes. Just like people. I am a vet and I know what I am talking about. You should not give a lot of ice cubes to your pet! But you can give ur dog some ice cream as long as it is not chocolate and there isn’t any cocoa in it!

posted about 3 years ago

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

why can’t you give a lot of ice cubes to your pet?

posted about 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

because just like people they can get a soar throat. and I must say that in the middle of the summer it’s not the perfect timing for getting sick. that’s the only reason why:))

posted about 3 years ago

homeofthedreamers
Style_council
homeofthedre...

All animals are lactose intolerant, so I would not recomend giving your dog ice cream. My dog accidentally ate some cream-based soup once and was really sick the next day. I would just stick to giving your dog ice cubes or peanut butter.

posted about 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

Actually all adult individuals are lactose intolerant including humans. So with dogs it is the same as with humans. For example I love milk. And I often drink milk or have some with my cereal. And nothing happens to my body. But my best friend is… am… allergic. If she drinks even a sip of milk her whole body starts to swells.
This intolerants as homeofthedreamers calls it is connected with the lac of an enzyme in the adult body. Only infants have it in their bodies. So… that’s it.
My dog likes milk and milk products and nothing happens to her if she eats some. Well if I give her a whole bow of milk she would probably get diarrhea but this is due to the type of gastrointestinal system she has.

posted about 3 years ago

tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I don’t think dogs are supposed to have milk products? You might want to check that. I know it really depends on the size and breed of the dog – so just be careful! :)

posted over 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

my dog LOVES popsicles! I only give him a little bit at a time, and brush his teeth after of course :)

posted over 2 years ago

ChicBabydoll
Style_council
ChicBabydoll

I give my dogs ice cream all the time. It’s actually a special dog ice cream but they love it!

The brand is called Purina’s Frosty Paws and you can usually buy them in the ice cream section of your grocery store. I get mine from Rainbow or Cub Foods. They also come in the original flavor, peanut butter or vanilla. (:

posted over 2 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I’ve never heard of ice cream for dogs

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

sugar is a nono in animals, pretty much anything that gives tatse to food is good for animals, i would give a milk iced cube or a regular one

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

things that make food taste good is BAD for animals lol

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION