SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Music

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga or Rihanna?

Personally I’d have to say none of them – I actually think pop stars from earlier generations where far better role models. Just look at the Spice Girls – they may have wore revealing outfits but compared to what we see on these pop stars nowadays it’s nothing :P Also, they concentrated more on being individuals and expressing their personailities with thier attitudes and clothes. You could be sporty girl and still be sexy and kickass. There was also the band Aqua, who where known for their creativity and unique music style. I’m not trying to say I don’t like any of the current popstars, but when you think about what some of them represent and the amount of effort they put into writing their music (if they do) it’s disapointing. Minaj is parading herself around like a barbie doll and she was clearly alright with little girls singing Super bass on the Ellen show (and that song is about filled with talk of drugs and sex) she also sings that Stupid hoe song, probably the worst song I’ve ever heard in my life. It would be nice to see someone tryoing to promote a natural beauty and real talent (kind of like Taylor Swift only not always singing about guys she dated…uggh..)

This is only what I think. Please fill me in on what you think :)

posted over 1 year ago
Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

Out of those two I’d say Lady Gaga, at least she uses provocative lyrics and outfits as a way to spread talk about what she believed in like the meat dress was supposed to symbolize how people were treated like meat. I’d rather you be raunchy for a reason, rather than raunchy just for the sake of it….if that makes sense…

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Totally makes sense. I have a lot more faith in Gaga than any other pop star right now I just hope the fame doesn’t get to her head.

posted over 1 year ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

The thing is, there are many female pop artists out there currently who ARE better “role models” but for some reason, don’t achieve the same level of fame as the women you named. They are household names (e.g., Alicia Keys, Natasha Bedingfield, Sara Bareilles, and more) but just can’t exceed those pop artists, even though I think they deserve it more. I suppose Lady Gaga is best out of those names you listed, though I’m not a fan of her either…

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Alica keys is a great artist! Will need to look up the other two you mentioned.

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I love Rihanna to death but she’s a terrible role model. I would have to vote Lady Gaga. She’s different and weird but she stands up for really good causes. She’s a strong supporter for gay rights and she encourages people to be proud of all their “uniqueness”.

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

Between those choices I would definitely say Lady Gaga. Nicki Minaj needs to wash her mouth out with soap, maybe bleach. Katy Perry isn’t that bad, I just think Gaga still beats her and lastly, Rihanna has a lot going on right now. I don’t think she’s making great choices and I understand nobody is perfect but she’s kinda repeating her mistakes and you’d think she would learn from them. Gaga for the win!

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

lady gaga for sure, half her songs are about not being afraid to express yourself. her outfits are bizarre, but they’re the least sexualized of the four. it helps that she actually writes her own songs.

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Gaga is a good choice, like many of you have said she stands up for great causes and inspires people to be different.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION