Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 41457 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 41457 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I wanted to know if anyone loved a band and then POOF they broke up! Luckily I got to see my favorite band preform for the last time. Has anyone heard of The Matches?

So let me know, has your favorite broken up? Who are they?

posted over 3 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Ah! I didn’t know the Matches broke up… I saw them the summer after seventh grade. So basically 4.5 years ago… damn, time flies.

posted over 3 years ago

gstyle
Style_council
gstyle

I wasn’t even born when the following two broke up;

The Sex Pistols and the Clash
posted over 3 years ago

TheAndreaF
Style_council
TheAndreaF

The White Stripes :( It had always been my dream to see them live.

posted over 3 years ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

I remember back then when I was younger I was really into Danity Kane and BAM they broke up shortly after which really sucks cause they just started out

posted over 3 years ago

kayl
Style_council
kayl

Really weird because I’m actually listening to The Matches right now and I randomly saw this!!
I was really really sad when they broke up but I still listen to them like…religiously. So yeah, my favorite band broke up ):
I was also really upset when Blink 182 broke up…but they’re together again.

posted over 3 years ago

aislinnh
Style_council
aislinnh

Well most people probably won’t know about this band ‘cause they’re a Spanish band… well were. But RBD.

posted over 3 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

CSS aka Cansei De Ser Sexy

posted over 3 years ago

selseng
Style_council
selseng

I almost started crying when the White stripes broke up.. I never got to see them live.

posted about 3 years ago

Style_council

One of my favourite bands, Sparkadia, effectively broke up after one album. Everyone but the singer left the band, but he kept it going and released a second album and keeping the band name. The second album is no where near on par with the first, and kind of ruined them for me.

posted about 3 years ago

Gra
Style_council
Gra

No Doubt.. Even though they never officially broke up they haven’t released any new stuff since 2001.

posted about 3 years ago

futurestartsslow
Style_council
futurestarts...

I actually did cry when The White Stripes ended. I have such a love and appreciation for Jack and Meg and just knowing that I’ll never see them is sad.
Also, Fugazi hasn’t released any new music since 2001, and are currently on an “indefinite hiatus”, plus one of the leads (Guy Picciotto) has said he hasn’t sung in years. They are one of those bands that I would absolutely kill to see live and just sigh

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

ooh I saw the matches once—they were playing with one of my favorite bands :).
I used to listen to a lot of ‘alternative’ music in high school—they were pretty small bands to begin with, and now that their music scene has died, so did they :|. I’m not that bummed since I went a total 180 in music preference, but it reminds me of all the concerts and good old days

posted about 3 years ago

EdiraPutri
Style_council
EdiraPutri

Blink-182..
They broke into Angels&airwaves and +44
can’ decide which one I like the most, i love them as one

posted about 3 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

Yes….but I was very little…backstreet boys

posted almost 2 years ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

The White Stripes as well, lol

posted almost 2 years ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

When I was in middle school, I was pretty much obsessed with a music group called Jump5; I was devastated when they broke up in 2007. I feel like many of the rock/alternative/indie bands that I’m into who “break up” or go on hiatus seem to say they’re breaking up, but then they end up regrouping later or doing side projects, so in the end I’m just glad the members are still playing music. :)

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

when I was little I used to love Rebelde, a spanish group and when they broke up I was so sad, but the time passed and it became just another memory from the past. cheers!

posted over 1 year ago

redgem
Style_council
redgem

My favorite band, Tokyo Jihen, broke up a year ago. It’s so sad.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION