SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Music

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

When I say metal, I don’t mean disturbed, slipknot, a day to remember, or any butt rock. I mean real, face melting metal. Does anyone else know what I mean? Here are a few I enjoy: The Faceless, The Black Dahlia Murder, All Shall Perish, At the Gates, you know, Real, original, progressive metal. Anyone?

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Yay for metalheads! :D I’m into classic metal myself, Not too big on Slipknot or any of the current metal bands out these days. More like, head banging 80’s and early 90’s metal. That was the stuff ;)

posted over 3 years ago

iliketosleep
New_user iliketosleep is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When iliketosleep reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
iliketosleep

me loves the faceless and boris

posted over 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

smash86 i dont really consider those bands metal! Buttrock/buttmetal is more like it!

posted over 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Wow 19 days and no one else replies? How sad.

posted over 3 years ago

tormentitahuracanada
Style_council
tormentitahu...

Hello there! Well, my favorite metal bands are Sonata Arctica, Epica, Within Temptation, Xandria and Kamelot. But I also like Nightwish, Iron Maiden, Hammerfall, Angra, and many more.

posted over 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

^I have not listened to most of those listed so I will have to check them out so I know what you are talking about! What country are you from? The bands I listen to, most are from America, but I do like bands from other countries. It seems like people from Europe, like Deutschland (Germany) and other countries like Russia, really like American death metal haha! So depending on where you are in the world, what are the more popular, but still underground music, that you listen to?

posted about 3 years ago

dropdead
Style_council
dropdead

i like some classic metal (Number of the beast, master of puppets, appetite for destruction and all the greats), but I don’t see what everyone has against slipknot. Original, non-cliched ideas, good lyrics, skillful instumentalists, dedicated fanbase. What more do you want? Personally I’m not a massive fan, but still. I think you’re just trying to bitch about other people’s taste in music. And how can 80’s and 90’s metal not be metal? Where do you think metal came from? It started in the 1960’s. I’m sick of people trying to tell each other what “real” metal is. Does it matter to you that much? And if metal really does matter to you, why can’t you show it, and dress like a metalhead, not like a Britney Spears fangirl? I’m not saying you have bad taste in music, I just looked up the faceless and their drummer does sound amazing, but they just seem to be another band whose lyrics you don’t even realise exist (other than AVEYAAREHHTSCIIIIIIII and suchlike) until you stumble upon them in the description box. (unlike Turisas, who incidentally I went to see yesterday.)

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

First of all, what the hell are you talking about? Slipknot is so unoriginal and not metal. They are rock. Anyone can write and play what slipknot does and anyone who has to wear a mask and act like a freak has to do that because they are not musically talented. Dirt is more talented then slipknot and it just sits there doing nothing. There are bands out there with only three members who look like average guys but are beyond musically talented and sound like they have more members then the 10 or so that are in slipknot. Second of all, metal did not originate in the 60’s it originated in the 80’s in Sweden. Metal is pretty new. I think you are thinking of rock n roll and not metal. They are two completely different breeds. I don’t see why we have to debate what music is. I am on here trying to see if people on here listen to metal and what bands they like and by giving an example of what I listen to they get an idea of what I am talking about. Obviously you are the one who came on here to insult people and have nothing to offer to the conversation. So maybe you shouldn’t try to insult me, it is only going to make you look like a fool.

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

Oh and britney spears fan girl? Did you judge that by the one picture I have? I rest my case.

posted about 3 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Well, I like metal too. But I don’t wanna discuss subgenres and what “true” metal is. I’m enjoying other music too, so it’s perfectly alright for me to listen to other music too. Whether Slipknot is rock or metal, honestly, I don’t care for tags.
I like Slipknot, but also for example Tool, Amon Amarth, I could kill for In Flames, Soilwork, Six Feet Under, etc. Mostly American and Swedish bands. And my new obsession is an Hungarian band called Ektomorf. Oh and yes, I’m from Germany, it’s really funny how many people here could be called metal heads :D

posted about 3 years ago

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

Metal has many different subgenres, around 20 or so; though many may not be the specfic type of metal you listen to, that does not make them any less talented or make someone who listens to them any less of a metalhead. You opened a forum to discuss metal, so I think you should be a little more open to really discussing the vast genre of metal, rather than just bashing people’s music prefrences. Thank you.

posted about 3 years ago

frictioninyourjeans
Style_council
frictioninyo...

I’m a huge fan of progressive metal. The Black Dahlia Murder is one of the only bands I think we’d have in common because the rest that I know of are either local or indie (hopefully not for long). I do hate when people count Slipknot A Day to Remember, or Bring Me The Horizon as metal. Pisses me off.

posted about 3 years ago

RadioJammer
Style_council
RadioJammer

Count me in. I dig Dream theater.

posted about 3 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Dream Theater are awesome! _

posted about 3 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

You are exactly right frictioninyourjeans! Finally another like minded person who actually read the posts here haha! (oh yeah idk who dream theater is! where are they based out of?) You should look up the faceless. They are coming out with a new album hopefully soon, they have been slacking on it for over a year now it is ridiculous! A band I really enjoy isThe Human Abstract. They have a new singer which I think is the best thing they could have done for their band. They sound amazazing now, It isn’t heavy metal but it is progressive. POST MORE BANDS PEOPLE! Post bands that you like and I will post more as well :D

posted about 3 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Anyone else a total Machine Head fan? ;)
Oh and how about Asian metal bands?
It’s hard to find a known Japanese metal band. I mean, okay, mucc, dir en grey, d’espairs ray are all kind of metal. Hard to classify.

posted about 3 years ago

underagebliss
Style_council
underagebliss

the gazette is japanese but its not really metal its visual kei maximum the hormone is numetal if ya like that pay money to my pain is another … most good metal bands in japan are so underground and unknown

posted about 3 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

I wouldn’t consider Gazette to be metal… but still like ‘em :D It’s so funny with Chinese bands, they are either death metal to the end or very pop. At least that’s how it looks like when browsing for some bands. I guess it’s the same problem here as with Japanese bands, they are too underground to get known in Europe or America.

Back to known bands :D What do you think about Volbeat? They’re headliner in almost every bigger festival the last few years here. But somehow I love their style.

posted about 3 years ago

RadioJammer
Style_council
RadioJammer

Dang! Machine head! how could I have forgotten them? my mind is overclouded with old school metal. Slayer, Pantera, anthrax, Manowar, Iron Maiden, Metallica…etc

posted about 3 years ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Old school metal’s an absolute evergreen :D
So I don’t think you even have to mention it. But I only like the old Metallica albums.

posted about 3 years ago

abigailcrowden
Style_council
abigailcrowden

i like metallica, slipknot, bullet for my valentine and coal chamber :)

posted about 3 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I like the same as @chicbabydoll-my hubby listens to the heavy stuff…I can’t stand all the screaming…

posted over 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

80’s metal. And for the love of God, no I don’t mean pretty boy bands that kept Revlon in business.
Maybe more like Testament, Anthrax (yeah yeah I know…), and probably one of my favorites – Helloween. Them and Iron Maiden is my favorite style of metal.

I like getting on youtube and looking up old out of print songs that you cannot even buy anymore or find hardly. Dark Angel, iron Angel, Juggernaut, whatever else.
Problem is, metal bands are a dime a dozen and have been since the 80’s

posted over 2 years ago

PrimaryColors
Style_council
PrimaryColors

Otep, Arch Enemy, and some others. While, I love rock in general, I’ve recently been on an industrial/electronic rock phase (i.e. <3atari><3, Error, Hypofixx).

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION