Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
itshayliebrooke
Style_council
itshayliebrooke

with the new “plus size models” movement, it seems that everyone suddenly has only negative opinions about skinny girls. i have to say, this really bothers me. im quite thin and i really hate it, i have tried and tried to gain weight several times. so when i hear some one say “do you see that girl? ew shes so skinny” it really bothers me.

what do you guys think about this subject?

posted over 3 years ago
1 3
HarlowInChains
Shop_seller_2 HarlowInChains is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
HarlowInChains

I believe that anyone who passes judgement on another based on their looks/size has some body issues they’re dealing with… everyone has body issues! Yes, the ‘majority’ of women in the world are not rail-thin, however, thin women do exist! I used to be a size 0/00 but have always had curves due to my bone structure… it’s just the way I grew. My mother’s so thin and she can’t put on weight no matter what she does – people talk about her all the time and think she has a disorder but really, she’s just a tiny woman! Now, I’m a size 4 and I have hips, my waist nips in and I’m thrilled! It’s really a matter of opinion; as long as people are happy and healthy there should be no problem. Mainstream media is definitely to blame here – when people speak of seeing the beauty in ‘women of all sizes and shapes’ they need to remember that ‘skinny’ women are included in “ALL”.

Not all ‘skinny’ girls suffer from eating disorders (an assumption I dealt with in my teens) and not all curvy women hate themselves – it’s about being comfortable in your own skin and appreciating the beauty in whatever makes you unique. Once you can accept yourself, you won’t be passing judgement on others, nor will you be bothered by what they have to say.

Cheesy but true: RuPaul loves to say “what others think of my is none of my business” – words to live by, in my opinion.

posted over 2 years ago

Vintageholic
Style_council
Vintageholic

if it’s your natural body shape that’s ok. people are not mad at skinny girls, they’re mad at people who promote skinny girls and reject everything normal. being skinny is not “normal”, i mean it’s the same as being fat. i’ll say again that if you were born this way it’s sure that you have no health problems because of diets etc. personally i don’t understand why people like oversized models. it’s a trend. it will fade away and then come back after a couple of years. the fact is, fashion designers NEVER choose an average type of girl. and i will never understand why. trying too much to be skinny is as dangerous for your health as being overweight.

posted over 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

It does not matter who or what you are – someone is going to have a problem with it.
You should not worry about the whole weight thing especially cause – one day, skinny is beautiful and the next they say “curvy” is beautiful.

Your body tends to gravitate itself towards a certain weight range and there is little one can do about it. The majority of people want to lose weight. Problem is – that requires a lifestyle of dieting and extra exercise. Is it REALLY worth the hassle of not eating what you like, having to go to the gym and be bored on a treadmill, etc?

Only in extreme cases of being over or underweight is it truely unhealthy. Don’t you think it is strange that doctors say that more than 1/2 the population is overweight?

With being “underweight”, that is hard to do given the low numbers that people are “suppose” to weigh. If you are seriously starving yourself to get to some “ideal” weight then yes it is unhealthy but that is rare.

So for the skinny ladies – yeah right now some say you look anorexic but even if you gained weight, then someone would say you need to lose it. do not play their games.

Finally, let us be glad that our height is genetically set cause then people would be hearing how they are over or under tall. Of course the scam artists would have miracle pills and diets to “fix” that one too.

posted over 2 years ago

msfashinista
Style_council
msfashinista

I think it happens all the time. Personally I think they are either jealous or generally concerned or just ignorant.
I am a tall woman- 5’8" size 6 (sometimes a size 4) and people often say to me “you are so skinny!” or “how do you stay so thin!?”
Well for one I have never always been this thin and I have to work my ass off to keep my shape! I actually have to work out multiple times a week and watch what I eat. I use to be over 200 pounds and have kept off 80 pound successfully for three years. It ain’t easy but I guess most people think all skinny people have it easy—-haha. So not the case.
Like I said people who say that it’s either out of jealousy, they are concerned about you or just ignorant.

posted about 2 years ago

HauteandComely
Style_council
HauteandComely

people just assume that because you are skinny you probably never eat.i think what msfashionista said is true.its got to be either jealousy,concern or ignorance.which ever it is, dont get ur head worked up about it.u are what u are,period.

posted almost 2 years ago

MissCassie
New_user MissCassie is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MissCassie reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MissCassie

i’m super skinny too. I always get ppl asking me if i am eating well. ppl come in different shapes and size. i used to get upset about it, but now i’m so used to it, that it does’nt bother me anymore. :)

CiaraBaron
Style_council
CiaraBaron

People are always suggesting that I’m anorexic or bulimic. This frustrates me hugely because I have nothing but a healthy relationship with food. I’m just naturally skinny! I don’t think people should judge anyone of any weight, as long as they’re healthy and happy.

Senta
Style_council
Senta

I guess it’s often frustration about their own body that makes some people going mad at skinny girls. They’re often jealous because it still is an ideal to be skinny and there aren’t many people that are naturally that way. So don’t take it too personal. These guys need to accept themselves.

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think they are jealous, obviously!

1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION